Consultant, Cybersecurity Risk Management
We're passionate about the future—including yours.
Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
This is a Consultant-level position in the Payments Services Data Security team. The position is critical to the ongoing development and management of the data security compliance program at DFS. This role will work with the team to manage and enhance Discovers Information Security Compliance (DISC) program in an evolving payments environment to incorporate technologies such as EMV chip cards, point-to-point encryption and tokenization. This position serves as an informal consultant to our US-based and international business partners to assist them in understanding our compliance programs and to help them to enhance their security controls. Discover participates on the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) as a founding member. This role will have the opportunity contribute to the PCI Councils working groups and standards development programs. The ability to communicate well in both written and spoken form and to develop and deliver presentations is a core skill required for this position. This includes the ability to communicate effectively across cultures and with those for whom English is not their primary language. All members of the Data Security team are expected to maintain and enhance their cyber security and payments industry knowledge and skill set. This position will participate in proactive research to provide recommendations for continuous improvement and conducting project-related work for the Data Security Team in order to further enhance the security posture of DFS.
- Develop and enhance Discovers Information Security Compliance (DISC) program which focuses on the security controls at our merchant and service provider partners. Work with the team to manage and enhance this program to reflect the changing payments technology landscape.
- Independently conduct and coordinate in-depth cyber security assessments, including assessments of our international business partners based on Data Security policies, industry standards, guidelines and best practices. This would include reviewing vulnerability scans and ethical hacking reports, identifying partners that require enhanced monitoring and conducting follow-up/advisory meetings.
- Develop educational materials, program documentation, management reporting and other materials supporting the DISC and cyber security assessment program, serving both internal and external business partners.
- Participate in and contribute to PCI SSC working groups to develop standards, programs and guidance documents.
- Develop compliance and security programs at DFS aligned with the evolving PCI SSC standards and programs.
- Assist with or significantly contribute to the ongoing development of the team database and reporting programs.
- Document program and procedures and create or update standards and policies to support the program, including external documents as necessary.
- Foster good working relationships with business partners, Relationship Managers and other key stakeholders, to ensure the organization meets its objectives in a risk controlled manner.
- Lead key program development initiatives, and represent management in important program meetings.
- Provide support for various audit and compliance activities.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in cyber security, fraud management and regulatory compliance in the financial and/or banking industry
- Demonstrated understanding of the credit card industry, Payments Services business
- Demonstrated experience and very strong knowledge of cyber security and experience conducting cyber security assessments
- Strong knowledge of PCI-DSS and other industry security standards
- Excellent analysis, project management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and enhance programs
- Able to confidently and competently represent management in meetings and on behalf of the team
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents or job listings in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please email us 2-3 available times and the best method to reach you: HireAccommodation@discover.com. Thank you!
As one of the largest card issuers in the United States, we operate the Discover card, America’s first cash rewards credit card. Beyond our flagship credit business, Discover Bank subsidiary offers personal and student loans, home equity loans, online savings products, certificates of deposit and money market accounts. Payment businesses consist of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
We value our commitment to our cardmembers and customers, and to rewarding relationships that prove—It pays to Discover®.
Financial Services, Credit Cards, Deposit Products, Consumer Lending, Consumer Savings, Payments, Payment Technology, Student Loans, Personal Loans, Home Loans, Home Equity Loans, Debit and Transaction Services
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+