Sr Associate – Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence
We're passionate about the future—including yours.
Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
The Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst possesses an intelligence analysis background with excellent oral and written communications skills. The successful candidate will be conducting research both independently or with the larger team to identify cybersecurity threats; produce analytical products; and demonstrate excellent customer service characteristics. The analyst will use all sources of technical data collection and analysis in order to produce a common operating picture of intrusion or threat related activity. This includes developing and maintaining new technical and non-technical sources of information, threat research, threat profile development, analysis, briefings, and warnings. Formal training and/or experience in both fundamental and advanced Information Technology is desirable.
Primary responsibilities of the Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst include:
- Establish a threat modeling methodology to identify, classify, prioritize and report on cyber threats using a structured approach
- Identify and develop a portfolio of threat profiles, threat activity, trends and common attack vectors from all available sources (open source, Agency feeds, and commercial feeds)
- Provide actionable information by producing; editing; and distributing a variety of concise and actionable threat analysis and warning products in written and presentation form to an audience that spans a range of customers from senior company executives to security analysts
- Collect information on threats to the organization through communication with other partner institutions, mailing lists, open source news, and industry partnerships
- Provide awareness to internal teams and leadership on changes to the cyber threat landscape through various products
- Use threat intel to inform and develop threat detection strategies and to build out and update the alert catalogue
- Compile and analyze cyber threat information and make recommendations based on suspected or known context in order to draw insights and conclusions regarding its relative threat to DFS.
- Conduct studies and make recommendations to produce a library of cyber threats; threat vectors; threat actors; and threat trends
- Maintaining threat indicators in a threat intelligence platform
- Interface with Information Security Program office, and Cybersecurity teams (SoC, IR)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields, or related experience, plus 3+ years working in security roles or 6+ years working in information security roles.
- Knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Experience in copy-editing, proofreading, and technical writing for long documents.
- Experience with threat intelligence tools & management platforms
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data from multiple sources, documenting the results and providing meaningful analysis products
- Knowledge of the principal methods, procedures, and techniques of gathering information and producing, reporting, and sharing intelligence
- Formal training and/or experience as a cybersecurity or intelligence analyst
- Experience with current and historical Threat Actor Group(s) TTPs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of security best practices, and federal and private sector security standards
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with a diverse team of skilled cybersecurity professionals
- Certification in information security is desirable: GCIA; GCIH; CEH; CISSP; SSCP; etc
Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents or job listings in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please email us 2-3 available times and the best method to reach you: HireAccommodation@discover.com. Thank you!
As one of the largest card issuers in the United States, we operate the Discover card, America’s first cash rewards credit card. Beyond our flagship credit business, Discover Bank subsidiary offers personal and student loans, home equity loans, online savings products, certificates of deposit and money market accounts. Payment businesses consist of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
We value our commitment to our cardmembers and customers, and to rewarding relationships that prove—It pays to Discover®.
Financial Services, Credit Cards, Deposit Products, Consumer Lending, Consumer Savings, Payments, Payment Technology, Student Loans, Personal Loans, Home Loans, Home Equity Loans, Debit and Transaction Services
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+