Principal Advisor, Enterprise Architecture – Cybersecurity
LIFE. POWERED BY YOU.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
This position will be a Principal Advisor in the Enterprise Architecture - Cybersecurity within Southern California Edison (SCE)’s Information Technology organization. The successful candidate will design and develop Security & Information Technology (IT) architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) for SCE. This position is essential to the alignment of business needs and capabilities with cybersecurity designs and solutions to ensure enterprise architecture direction and standards are set, communicated and maintained. The Principal Advisor will develop specifications supporting new cybersecurity designs, products, applications and service offerings for both the critical electric grid systems and corporate systems. The opportunity will assess compatibility and integration of cybersecurity products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies and business portfolios. The Principal Advisor will be involved with the facilitation, escalation, and resolution of strategic architectural issues through a standard governance model.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provides and manage cybersecurity architecture and engineering services and direction to major programs in the areas of cybersecurity applications, information, infrastructure and integration. Works with program managers to plan technical work streams and identify risks and issues. Takes responsibility for critical technology decisions.
- Ensures that related enterprise architecture areas are integrated appropriately with major programs from a domain and enterprise architecture perspective. Defines cybersecurity controls and integration standards and governs project adherence to standards.
- Develops enterprise-level cybersecurity strategic architectures. Communicates complex security risks and technical information to executives, peers and other stakeholders. Provides technical leadership to other architects and project engineers.
- Communicates with major program stakeholders, executives and senior management on key technical decisions, program status, technical issues and risk. Prepares and delivers effective documentation and presentations on project technical artifacts and overall program architecture and design.
- Performs technology watch functions and keeps abreast of latest developments. Represents the Company on industry standard bodies and at conferences.
- Sets direction and provides IT Cybersecurity Roadmap updates relative to key technology direction and to the IT organizational unit taking into account long-term capabilities required and project impacts.
- Participates in the Architecture, Engineering, and/or Design Communities of Practice and assists in the development of reference architectures, reusable components, services and patterns.
- Acts as a mentor and role model to other IT architects and engineers. Assists IT management with development of plans to acquire, train and retain high performing technical talent in critical areas.
- Create and drive strategy, make decisions, and serve as a champion of industry compliance initiatives that others are willing to support.
- Decisions must take into consideration impact to operations, adherence to regulatory requirements and be pragmatic.
- Impact of decision making and work product are enterprise-wide with severe negative consequences on attainment of SCE strategic and operational objectives if work is done at a substandard level.
- 5 years of experience as technical lead of systems architecture or systems engineering on major programs
- Ten years of experience in the cyber security field
- Three years of experience designing complex systems
- Three years of experience with systems integration
- Three years of experience with systems engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and must be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients’ business needs.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing effectively and collaborating with internal employees, third party entities, and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Must have the ability to work well as a team leader and independently and exercise initiative to accomplish assigned responsibilities and anticipate/solve problems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Experience working in the electric utility industry or experience with one or more of the following areas: Smart Grid, NERC CIP, or Experience with DoD, NIST or Government security systems design and standards
- Experience with technology implementation projects for a large information technology organization or working as a consultant or systems integrator
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Policy Statement for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
LIFE. POWERED BY EDISON.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Edison International, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY).
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+