Senior Cybersecurity Specialist
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Cybersecurity Specialist 4 position is with Cybersecurity Analysis Intelligence and Response IT organization. This position is primarily responsible for conducting digital forensics and incident response to prevent and remediate malicious attacks against the SCE computing environment. This position utilizes expertise in Critical Infrastructure Protection and Communications standards, in-depth analysis of high-level technical risk and the associated Cybersecurity management controls. Additionally, the work performed by this position applies a strong knowledge of risk management, risk identification and recommendations for remediation, internal control architecture, regulatory and legal requirements; as well as experience in developing Indicators of Compromise and detection signatures, effectively working with team members, developing leading-edge automated controls monitoring solutions, reporting status, and recommending control improvements to Senior Management. Works closely with various organizations to keep their computer information systems secure. Using a multi-layered approach, they use their specialized expertise and up-to-date knowledge to help protect against Web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information warfare and hacking.
- Develop, maintain, and socialize both group-specific and enterprise cybersecurity policies and standards.
- Provide deep technical cybersecurity subject matter expertise with respect to information security, risks, and controls. Work closely with key business partners (Legal, Supply Chain, HR, etc.) to ensure information security requirements and guidelines are properly represented and established across all OUs and all 3rd party business partners.
- Establish and execute governance and oversight processes that ensure cybersecurity policies, standards and guidelines are consistently practiced across the enterprise.
- Prepare and deliver executive-level communications representing risks, policy/standards exceptions, and controls recommendations both within IT and across all OUs.
- Performs security and data log analysis to gather information needed to investigate and research events of interest for incident response.
- Performs Forensic Analysis on the network and endpoint devices.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and growth of the SOC (Security Operation Center), Incident Response tools/technologies, processes and procedures.
- 9 or more years of technical experience and at least six or more years’ experience in the field of Cyber Security.
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to hold at least Secret clearance
- TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor Degree in specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with integrating NIST 800-82 control systems standards into existing Cybersecurity standards.
- Possess one or more of the following Information Security certifications: CISSP, GSEC, CRISC, GREM, GNFA, CCNA or other related certifications.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Edison International, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY).
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+