Cyber Protection Analyst
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is in need of a Cyber Protection Analyst to support one of our SPAWAR Programs in San Diego, CA. The Cyber Protection Analyst will be responsible for preparing artifacts in support of platform, enclave, and boundary Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages in accordance with NIST, DoD, and Platform Information Technology (PIT) methodologies. They will support NAVSEA client with developing System of Systems (SoS) Cybersecurity architecture for Frigate Shipbuilding Program as well as development of SoS Cybersecurity profile for Frigate platform. The Analyst will be responsible for translating multiple Cybersecurity requirements into a consolidated set of applicable requirements for the Frigate Platform; providing risk assessment and risk mitigation recommendations for Frigate platform and providing engineering and design activities to support complex decision-making issues.
- Review technical and engineering drawings, and recommend system changes to increase Cybersecurity protection of platform architecture
- Coordinate with NAVSEA and SPAWAR Cybersecurity POCs to discuss applicability of current and draft Cybersecurity instructions and guidelines for afloat platform
- Recommend network architectures that best support current and draft Cybersecurity instructions and guidelines applicable to Navy Combatants
- Track, maintain, and edit project plan status and action items
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate historical data and expert opinion to provide a basis for assumptions, methodologies, and estimate results
- Provide detailed design inputs to system requirements, specifications, and drawings
- Review system design documentation for compliance with applicable requirements, NAVSEA and SPAWAR instructions, and statutory and regulatory policies
- Present recommendations for requirements applicability and design changes to Engility and customer
Ability to obtain INTERIM SECRET Clearance in short period of time leading to a full SECRET clearance
- 1 – 3 years’ experience developing RMF/DIACAP packages for DoD
- 1 – 3 years’ experience providing Cybersecurity system design support
- 3 – 7 years’ experience providing technical engineering / network design support
- Working-level experience implementing Cybersecurity requirements into network system designs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate recommendations orally and in writing to Senior Leadership to summarize and effectively communicate information and summarize data into reports for project staff and leadership
- Current IAT level II certifications
Demonstrated understanding of system categorization (RMF step 1) and security control selection (RMF step)
- Demonstrated experience applying DoD, NIST, and DoN Cybersecurity requirements into network system designs
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Networking, Cybersecurity, or equivalent applicable discipline
- Security + Certification
- CCNA Certification
- Network + Certification
- Windows Server Certification
- CISSA or CISSP Certification
- Experience with LCS As-Is System Architecture/Design
- Current SECRET Clearance
Engility is a leading provider of mission-critical technology management services and solutions for government programs. Engility's position as a growing government services company allows us to bring to bear the personnel, technology resources and industry standard practices of a large company with the responsiveness of a small company. Engility offers forward-thinking solutions backed by a history of excellence and customer satisfaction.
We provide support to our customers in the primary mission areas of Homeland Security, Healthcare, Cyber Security, Financial and Regulatory, Intelligence, and Priority Defense Programs.
Serving DoD, Federal, State & Local Government Organizations, Intel
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000