Information Security Analyst
At Esri, We Bring Meaning to Maps
Our technology melds maps with data to see the world in a smarter way.
As a member of the Computer Incident Response Team, you will be responsible for assisting in the detection, investigation, and prevention of security incidents. This is a challenging opportunity to work as part of a security team responsible for protecting Esri’s IT assets.
- Assist with the creation of SIEM alarms and test new correlation content and use cases
- Develop and test new security monitoring and reporting capabilities using SIEM data
- Assist with tuning of various security tools such as IDS and Endpoint visibility products
- Assist with documenting standards, processes, and procedures for incident response, security systems, and tools as needed
- Perform incident response duties including initial detection, scoping, containment, forensic analysis, and remediation
- Stay current with security technologies and solutions and collaborate with team members to continuously improve Esri’s security posture
- 2+ years of practical experience with security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, and vulnerability management
- One year of practical experience performing incident response
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science or engineering, or equivalent work experience
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Experience working in a security operations center (SOC)
- In-depth experience working with multiple operating systems such as Linux, OSX, Windows
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Packet capture and analysis and forensics experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Scripting experience and familiarity with open source security tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Esri pursues mapping and spatial analysis for understanding our world with visionary products and services that define the science of GIS. ArcGIS is a complete system for designing and managing solutions through the application of geographic knowledge. Esri helps you build and manage great information products by providing the ultimate platform for geospatial integration and application.
GIS, geographic information systems, software, geospatial analysis, geography, web mapping, place, location
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000