Manager, Security Containment Operations
The security operations manager will provide key leadership and expertise as it relates to the management of vulnerabilities and key technologies, along with the operation of the various tools scanning tools that include SAST, DAST and DLP and event monitoring. This position also requires hands-on experience in firewalls, IDS, proxies, vulnerability, and application scanning.
The Security Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team of security operations engineers and providing technical oversight to a team that are responsible for Security Tools, Linux systems, and web applications in support of services provided to the customer. Individuals fulfilling this role must be skilled in one or more technologies, capable of managing hosted infrastructure projects, and possesses conceptual knowledge of managed hosting technologies overall. The role is also responsible for assessing the efficiency of operational processes and remediating, documenting, and implementing operational efficiencies. This individual must have strong leadership skills and be able to influence and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, providing direction to a team for managing people, employee career development, team building, and conflict resolution.
- Experience with managing outsourcing service providers and a global team.
- Experience with multiple security platforms and layers, including anti-virus, firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion prevention systems, logging correlation and management, operating systems, protocols, and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of security best practices, including least privilege, defense in depth, or attack surface analysis.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure services, including security, Active Directory, identity management, PKI, VPN, RADIUS, SSO, federation services.
- Experience with design and architecture using modern design patterns in a Cloud environment.
- Experience with Cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and the security implications and requisite control frameworks.
- Experience with IoT and mobile device security. Knowledge of Mobile Device Management tools.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent decisive judgment and the potential business impact when the team is researching a security event or incident.
- BA or BS degree in MIS, Computer Information Systems, CS, or an IT related field or related work experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- CISA, CIPP, CISM, PCI
- Strong team building skills including promoting cooperation and good working relationships among peers and team members, remaining positive and supportive during change, and building rapport and trust with IT Risk stakeholders and other business partners.
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills.
- Experience with IT risk standards and industry best practice approaches, such as ISO 27001 / 2, CobiT, COSO, ITIL, etc.
- Experience with regulatory controls such as SOX, PCI and PII
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT processes and network management best practices
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to collaborate with business partners in setting business goals and objectives
- Large multi-national company experience preferred
- Exemplary networking and negotiation skills; strong motivator and team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally and across divisions with others, particularly infrastructure team members who implement remedial actions
- Demonstrable knowledge of incident response methodologies, IT policies and standards, and awareness and training.
- Knowledge of, and in depth experience with, more than one major IT discipline (e.g., distributed computing, networks, financial applications design and development, IT security and business recovery).
- Ability to manage and analyze data.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Our extensive brand portfolio includes Expedia.com®, Hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia®, Travelocity, Venere.com®, Expedia Local Expert®, and Classic Vacations®.
We’re citizens of Expedia. Where can we take you?
Web Design Technology RWD Travel Hadoop Ecommerce SalesHotels Big Data Mobile Business Development SEO SEM HospitalityAirfare
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+