Architect - Security Engneering
The following role is a member of the Strategy, Design and Engineering (SDE) team within the Security Engineering organization. This team is responsible for strategic direction, design and architecture, specifically including the formulation of secure network design patterns and architecture, developing security standards for network and endpoint security controls, defining, documenting and overseeing the implementation of these design patterns and influencing sound security practices within technical and business projects
The person who fills the position will both lead and contribute to problem definition, needs assessment, data collection, solution definition, and overall architecture for solutions to enterprise information security issues in the network and endpoint space; as well as influencing security best practices across the broader infrastructure and application development teams that are building solutions to business problems and capabilities. In addition, the candidate will:
- Contribute to the development of the Security Engineering roadmap (1, 3 & 5 year)
- Ensure adherence to ESI's network security design principles and information protection policies as well as meeting all applicable industry regulations (e.g. PCI, HIPAA, etc.), best practices and contractual obligations.
- Act as a technical security lead for complex infrastructure projects
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve existing capabilities and introduce new capabilities in order to reduce overall attack surface and provide increased security monitoring for network and endpoint systems to the Express Scripts’ SOC and incident response functions
- Researches, develops and documents security designs, network diagrams and technical security controls
- Develops a metrics framework in order to effectively measure the impact of security designs, capabilities and improvements against stated requirements
- Researches, develops and documents security standards for Express Scripts’ Security Infrastructure Management (SIM) team (e.g. standard configurations and hardening, lifecycle management, security controls, etc.)
- Consults with application development teams on security related designs and architecture
- Works closely with the Information Risk Management organization on security related issues (e.g., incident response, vulnerability management, regulatory audits, etc.)
- Mentors and helps develop security engineering staff
- BA/BS degree in fine arts, graphic/web/interaction design, Master’s preferred or 14 – 18 years of directly applicable working experience
- 8 – 12 years of experience in developing outstanding online, user experiences, designing highly interactive, personalized apps and websites; Experience building mobile designs in corporate environments important; Portfolio required
- Design and prototyping tools like Adobe Creative Cloud products such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator; mock up tools such as Invision, Axure, Balsamiq and diagramming tools such as Visio, Omnigraffle, Sketch
- Clear understanding of user interface patterns for native mobile, mobile web, mobile design, usability, accessibility, analytics; Proven ability to work in highly collaborative, innovative environments, Strong visual and conceptual problem-solving skills, Excellent organizational skills, creative and analytical thinker, Experience with agile methodology, Knowledge of the PBM space a plus but not required
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
This expansive group is accountable for planning, building and driving core technology solutions and services across virtually every aspect of the business, including Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Architecture, Pharmacy Technology, Home Delivery, Specialty and IT Service Management. The following teams help comprise this ever-important group\:
- IT Architecture & Innovation defines and drives the company’s architecture strategy.
- IT Engineering manages all engineering activities associated with the company’s architecture and attendant technology.
- IT Operations manages all the technology that supports the company’s operational functions.
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health. Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000