UNIX Systems Security Engineer
The Sr IT engineer under the guidance of architect, partners with customers and provides a key role in helping to lead projects and in designing solutions. The Sr IT engineer will provide a senior software development role to design, develop, and implement capabilities in .Net/C# that advance the roadmap and vision of the Ecosystem Mapping team and its partners. The successful candidate will help to maintain in-depth subject matter expertise and domain knowledge with regard to capabilities for the corporate Enterprise Architecture repository and other repositories used to maintain critical IT capability relationship data. The Senior IT Engineer will assist in process optimization, and assess progress through data-driven metrics.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with application and system teams to determine dependency management, visualization and improved operations
- Capture, document, analyze and comprehend requirements.
- Design, document, develop, deploy, maintain and operate capabilities within modeling systems, data analysis tools, data staging systems and visualization systems
- Design, document, develop, deploy, maintain and operate bi-directional integrations with corporate systems
- Administer and support tooling and associated methods to support Ecosystem Mapping processes and procedures.
- Provide day to day guidance and direction to contingent workers
- 4+ years' experience with a PhD, 6+ years' experience with a Master's degree, 8+ years' experience with a Bachelor's degree or 14+ years of experience without a degree
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions. . Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define and develop customized solutions that meet business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Analytical, excellent communications, quick learner, self-starter.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus. Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Ability to contribute ideas to extend and enhance methodology in a synergistic manner.
- Strong experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience developing all tiers of a multi-tier business application, using object-oriented analysis and design techniques and developing stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, and familiarity with firewalls, hubs, routers, switches, DNS, gateways, load balancing and basic network analysis/troubleshooting.
- Experience tuning SQL Server queries highly desired. Experience performing light-medium duty SQL Server database administration (as a developer) highly desired.
- Experience with XML and Enterprise Architecture repositories highly desired.
- Experience with CMDB products, UML modeling, data modeling and exposure to architectural concepts such as SOA, ITIL, SOFEA a plus.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Information Technology’s vision is to be a catalyst in developing new business opportunities, sustaining strategic partnerships with our customers and supporting the future growth of Express Scripts. This vision is realized by aligning our work to corporate goals and market forces in order to deliver innovative business solutions in a reliable, secure and compliant manner while positioning us for future technology & market change. We deliver on these imperatives through the use of best people, best methods, best partners, enabled by a flexible & scalable architecture to deliver business value.
Through this vision, we achieve our mission to provide innovative business solutions that enable & drive value in a timely, reliable, secure and cost-effective manner.
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health. Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000