Information Security Risk Associate
Primary Location: NY-New York City
Full-time / Part-time: Full-time
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Type: Experienced
Shift: Day Job
The Wholesale Product Office (WPO) within Bank’s Financial Services Group operates a critical financial services business on behalf of the Federal Reserve System (FRS). The WPO is responsible for the management, operation, support and development of wholesale services (Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service and National Settlement Service), Wholesale services are systemically important financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and are central in supporting settlement for other systemically important private-sector FMIs. Further, as a central bank-operated business, wholesale services faces unique challenges akin to a private-sector business but overlaid with a financial stability mission and an evolving supervisory landscape for systemically important FMIs.
The WPO carries out its mission through a lean team operated out of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) and a network of critical Reserve Bank service providers.
Team and Position Summary:
The Information Security Risk Analyst is a role on the WPO’s Risk and Reporting Team, a team that is responsible for the operational and technology risk management with a predominant focus on technology-related projects critical to the foundation and delivery of services to customers. The Information Security Risk Analyst role provides an opportunity to become involved in the entire lifecycle - from concept through implementation - of critical information security and cyber resiliency initiatives and to make an impactful contribution to the risk management of projects in support of a systemically-important business operated on behalf of the Federal Reserve System. The selected candidate will:
- Identify, measure, monitor and report on risks in the domain of wholesale services information technology, including information security, cyber security, business continuity, SDLC, and project management;
- Assess the adequacy of controls related to information and cyber security risks;
- Ensure the proper implementation of the WPO’s project risk framework and adherence to the FRS security assurance standards;
- Develop and deliver written and verbal communications, including proposals, reports, presentations, and procedures, including recommendations for all levels of management;
- Maintain a global awareness of relevant regulations, laws, emerging issues, trends and ongoing developments related to Information Security, cyber security and business resiliency in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 work experience in a risk, audit, or information security-related role focusing on information security, cyber security and business resiliency;
- Knowledge in information security/cyber security, risk management and critical security controls (e.g., data protection, penetration testing, access management);
- Ability to evaluate information security program and key controls and provide risk opinion on its ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from business disruptions;
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical issues into business implications for technical and business leadership;
- Direct work experience with auditing or managing security risks using industry standard frameworks e.g. NIST, SANS);
- Understanding of risk analysis and risk mitigation, demonstrated by the ability to link risk initiatives to critical business drivers, profile risks and identify risk concentrations and triggers;
- Industry recognized information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISA ) preferred;
- A high level of proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management;
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills evidenced by an ability to take initiative and ownership of an assignment;
Screening Requirement: This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The screening areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Federal Reserve System
OUR PEOPLE are diverse in background and ideas, which allows for ongoing creativity and innovation. Ultimately, they are the ones who push our high-performance, exchange-driven culture forward.
Why Our People Choose Us:
Our reputation precedes us
There will always be room for personal growth
Our people are first
You’ll find the right balance
Your responsibilities will be meaningful
We hope that you will be our future colleague.
monetary policy, economics, bankers' bank, bank supervision
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 1,001-5000