Security Assessment Manager
The Federal Reserve System (FRS) provides the United States with safe, flexible, and stable monetary and financial systems. The National Incident Response Team (NIRT) operates nationally across the Federal Reserve System. It delivers an effective and efficient array of security services including intrusion detection, incident response, security intelligence, threat assessments, and vulnerability assessments. This position is with NIRT’s Software Security and Assessment Services (SSAS) group, whose mission is to perform a suite of information security assurance activities in order to proactively protect the FRS and a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department against cyber threats.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for managing various security assessment activities to include penetration testing and red teaming while helping to shape and implement strategic organizational objectives. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide coaching and development to strengthen your team's technical and soft skills.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels throughout the FRS while participating in various risk discussions, providing subject matter expert and data-driven input.
- Provide input to the strategic direction for current and future security assessment initiatives
- Research cutting-edge information security topics and vulnerabilities to remain current with potential threats to the Federal Reserve.
- Execute on full range of management responsibilities including budget planning and vendor management.
- Partner closely with your peers to fulfill the general mission of the SSAS group.
What We Are Looking For in Candidates:
- Leadership experience with a record of innovation and delivery of high-quality, cost effective services.
- A track record of success in developing staff.
- Demonstrated professional work history in providing information security testing, assessment, architecture, engineering and/or consulting services to large enterprise organizations.
- Either a diverse background in many technical security disciplines or a deep technical understanding of security assessments and/or secure software development.
- Well-versed in information security principles; current on the threatscape.
- Passion for information security.
- Drive for learning and excellence.
- Must be a current United States Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a National Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or IT related field and at least 8 years of work experience, with at least 4 years of experience in management; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proven success as a leader, with the ability to build collaborative relationships with peers and staff at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution.
Why Join Our Amazing Team:
- Great location (San Francisco, CA)
- Cutting edge technologies to use in daily work.
- Ability to telecommute frequently.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Great benefits (Healthcare Options, Employer matching 6% of your 401K contributions, Pension Plan).
- Multiple growth opportunities.
- Tangible and impactful mission.
- Professional development, skills training, and conferences are strongly supported.
- Great team of security professionals who are passionate, respectful, and driven to excellence.
***At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer other wonderful benefits including: Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension.***
We believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Federal Reserve System
OUR PEOPLE are diverse in background and ideas, which allows for ongoing creativity and innovation. Ultimately, they are the ones who push our high-performance, exchange-driven culture forward.
Why Our People Choose Us:
Our reputation precedes us
There will always be room for personal growth
Our people are first
You’ll find the right balance
Your responsibilities will be meaningful
We hope that you will be our future colleague.
monetary policy, economics, bankers' bank, bank supervision
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 1,001-5000