Information Security Architect
Careers at First Republic Bank
Join the Team!
The Information Security Architect position is responsible for the establishment of and assessment against Information Security architecture policies, standards and guidelines to ensure that systems are designed and built in a manner that minimizes security risk while ensuring business needs are met. The Information Security Architect must be familiar with the current threat environment, how these threats can exploit known vulnerabilities and be able to provide mitigation strategies in the design and development of systems to ensure security risk (Confidentiality / Integrity / Availability) is minimized.
- Provide security architecture expertise in support of application and system development, infrastructure, and enterprise technology projects to ensure the security of the Company's assets.
- Assess project requirements related to application, network and infrastructure security, including assessment against First Republic security policy and standards.
- Identify and document architectural and other security risks associated with the solution architecture, and mitigating controls where necessary.
- Develop, implement and continue to mature the security architecture policies, standards, practices and guidelines.
- Mentor junior Information Security staff ensuring a collaborative and healthy learning environment.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ideally, at least 10 years combined hands-on experience with information systems security, design, development, implementation and support.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Information Security and/or technical certifications strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of software technologies, as well as the methods used in performing risk analysis.
- Experience with common operating systems and server platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux, UNIX).
- Knowledge of Networking, Virtualization, Storage and Cloud Technologies including but not limited to secure implementation of: local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), wireless networks (Wi-Fi), switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points and related security and network devices; Hypervisors, VMs and VDIs; Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), CIFS, SMB and relevant security and replication technologies.
- Excellent understanding of cloud security and experience with design and/or implementation of applications in the cloud; Understanding of cloud deployment models: Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud; Cloud service models: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) and Software as a service (SaaS); implantation of relevant controls to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of Bank data.
- Extensive knowledge of technical security controls and technologies (e.g. IDS, IPS, traditional, NextGen and Web Application Firewalls; Data Loss Prevention; Antivirus, Anti-malware and Zero Day technologies; Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); Access and Identify Management and Privileged User Management; Public Key Infrastructure and Certificate management).
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of all areas of the organization and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the Bank’s key functional processes and critical customer services.
- Excellent written skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal (‘people’) skills to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to meet deliverables on time and on budget.
- Familiarity with office productivity tools, databases, project management and risk management tools.
- Ability to design, resource, conduct, status, and complete projects independently, with minimal supervision.
- Technical expertise – the ability to understand and communicate the technical aspects of computer security.
- Communication skills – the ability to verbally communicate technology-related issues and security-related issues to every level of the organization (end-users, IT staff, managers, vendors, contractors, etc.). Written communication skills are also important for writing security-related policies, standards and awareness documents.
- Mediation skills – the ability to bring people with competing objectives together and reach appropriate compromises toward final solutions. Equally important is the ability to take a stand when needed, even when it’s unpopular.
- Management or business skills – the ability to manage teams, manage multiple projects or problems, convey ideas and effectively bring security solutions to individual lines of business.
- Ability to work with diverse groups (in and outside the organization) and communicate security issues.
- Team Player
- Provides extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- The ability to learn and comprehend basical instructions: understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perfrom basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to life 25-50lbs.
First Republic Bank
First Republic offers a complete range of lending, deposit, investment, trust and brokerage services. We provide comprehensive business banking including: lending, cash management, deposit, and foreign exchange, and our affiliates offer investment management services.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000