Sr. Product Manager – Web Security
The Senior Product Manager plays a key role in driving the growth and market success of Forcepoint security products. Forcepoint is an established global vendor of enterprise security products and is bringing powerful security products to market.
The Senior Product Manager provides leadership with both inbound and outbound product management activities including defining product functionality, prioritizing feature requests, establishing and building consensus for product vision, analyzing competitive products, customer interactions, driving sales enablement, and helping to define and execute GTM activities.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and capable Senior Product Manager to take on more responsibilities with a leader in the enterprise security market.
- Work with engineering to define and refine product requirements, including creating and refining agile product epics and user stories.
- Own the product feature request review process for your products. Work with customers and internal teams (sales, SEs and technical support) to clarify and refine user stories.
- Establish product vision and roadmap and build consensus across the PM and executive teams.
- Be a subject matter expert on Forcepoint Web Security solutions for sales, sales engineers, partners and customers.
- Meet with customers, sales, business partners and other industry sources to identify functional requirements, evangelize the value proposition of Web Security solutions, and communicate the product roadmap and vision.
- Work with Product Marketing to define and execute a winning Go-To-Market plan
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Prior sales engineering, technical marketing, technical training, or product management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- 4+ years hands on experience with enterprise software products
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on technology.
- Natural evangelist and strong customer advocate
- Requires some (but not extensive) traveling
- Strong accountability and project management for tasks without close supervision.
- Strong technical foundation and curiosity.
- Desire to take more responsibilities and move into a strategic product management role over time.
- Ability to build excellent rapport with engineers, sales engineers and customers.
- Demonstrated strength in analytical thinking.
- Domain expertise in Web security, and the delivery of security solutions via on-premise and cloud deployment models is preferred.
- Understanding and experience with Agile product development practices is a plus
As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients.
Forcepoint is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Forcepoint empowers organizations to concentrate on what’s most important to them while automating routine security tasks. More than 20,000 organizations around the world rely on Forcepoint. Based in Austin, Texas, with worldwide sales, service, security laboratories and product development, Forcepoint is a joint venture of Raytheon Company and Vista Equity Partners.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000