Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Analyst (Re-Entry)
A Place to Show Your Ingenuity Every Day
The distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter!
Ford’s re-entry program is a temporary assignment for those with an extended employment break (2 or more years) in their field who are looking to re-launch their careers. This is a supplemental position with provisions and benefits different from a regular full-time position. All positions are expected to begin in Fall 2017, and have a six-month duration. Upon successful completion of the program, a full-time employment offer could be made.
Note: University and/or College Students need not apply.
The Ford Cyber Defense Center is an integral part of the IT Security & Controls Department. The Threat Intelligence Analyst supports the Threat Intelligence program, providing context-aware Threat Intelligence to the team. Ford’s Cyber Defense Center’s mission is to provide proactive and reactive security services to protect Ford Motor Company assets from compromise, globally.
Ford Motor Company must be able to respond to information security-related incidents in a manner that protects corporate information. The Cyber Defense Threat Intelligence Analyst will be focused on addressing relevant threat intelligence feeds and data and making that information actionable.
Responsibilities for the role may include but would not be limited to:
- Initiate, organize and conduct data collection and research using all the tools and applications as well as proactive open source information
- Aggregation of data into appropriate organization systems, and datasets
- Identify credible, new intelligence and subject matter resources relative to current and emerging threats
- Identify internal knowledge gaps and propose new solutions or tools to address
- Consistent delivery of successful Threat Intelligence Feedback Loop to inform tools and process
- Support intelligence metric definition and reporting
- Gain proficiency in security platforms such as SIEM, NIDS/HIDS, firewalls, WAF, and malware detection and remediation platforms
- Perform network traffic and anomaly analysis, as well as indicators of compromise from system logs (Unix & Windows), application/database and firewall logs, NIDS/HIDS alerts, WAF alerts, endpoint malware alerts and other emerging log sources/technologies
- Maintain relationships with partners and peers in order to strategically seek correlative data across all programs. Facilitate program and partner meetings
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Liaison with industry partners, and subject matter experts via briefings, email, conference calls, private listserv, and quarterly and/or annual conferences
- Analyze threat feeds to produce daily/weekly Threat Intelligence brief and regular threat trend reporting
- As they pertain to cyber security, advise the organization on both preventative and containment strategies
- Produce and deliver training to the Cyber Defense Center team
- Perform documentation review and improvement, attending meetings as needed
- Communicate and escalate issues and information as required by process or management
- Become proficient in developing rules and signatures for IDS, IPS, and/or other signature matching technology
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of Information Technology experience with network security technologies, threat and vulnerability management, and host/network-based security strategies
- Bachelors in computer science or other technical fields
- Experience working within IT Security highly preferred
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Experience with QRadar or other SIEM a plus
- Network, Security, or Platform certification(s) (S+, N+, MCSP, CNA) CISSP or SANS GIAC GCIA certification desired
- Thorough understanding of computer interactions including hardware, software, network, client/server, operating systems
- Experience with network security technologies, specifically TCP/IP, and related network tools
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team; discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Ford Motor Company
Automotive, Financial Services
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+