ForeScout enables organizations to continuously monitor and mitigate security exposures and cyber-attacks. The company’s CounterACT™ appliance dynamically identifies and evaluates network users, endpoints and applications to provide visibility, intelligence and policy-based mitigation of security problems. ForeScout’s open ControlFabric™ architecture allows a broad range of IT security products and management systems to share information and automate remediation actions. Because ForeScout’s solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, extensible and scalable, as of January 1, 2015, they have been chosen by more than 1,800 of the world’s most secure enterprises and government agencies in over 62 countries. Headquartered in San Jose, California, ForeScout offers its solutions through its global network of authorized partners.
ForeScout’s San Jose Engineering organization is looking for seasoned security researchers to drive the delivery of world-class IoT security intelligence content. An ideal candidate has deep technical background in security research, reverse engineering, machine learning, data modeling, clustering and classification, industry experience in mining endpoint, network and security data, strong problem solving skills, and most importantly a can-do attitude. As a key member of our security research team, the candidate will work closely with cloud development team and CounterACT software development team to ensure that ForeScout’s security solution constantly addresses the newest IoT attacks with high accuracy. This is a rare opportunity to work with a group of super smart technical talents to solve the most challenging security problems.
- Work with a group of security researchers and data scientists to analyze unique context-rich endpoint and network security data collected through our cloud platform;
- Identify additional data sets that can be useful in refining and enhancing ForeScout’s IoT security policy engine;
- Suggest CounterACT software enhancements and define detailed requirements with software development team. Ensure accurate implementation;
- Develop, test, release and maintain periodical security content update;
- Be responsible for the overall quality of ForeScout’s IoT security intelligence content.
- 3+ years of experience in security research;
- Experience in endpoint, network or application security;
- PhD degree with cyber security focus highly desirable;
- Experience in machine learning algorithms highly desirable;
- Experience in data mining and information retrieval with large data set highly desirable;
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex multi-dimensional problems using systematic approach to achieve quick solution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork spirit
- Ability to influence with or without authority
- Ability to efficiently collaborate with cross-functional teams
PhD or Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or related field
ForeScout Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to recruiters & placement agencies
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at ForeScout Technologies prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. ForeScout Technologies is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to ForeScout Technologies and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
Network Access Control (NAC) BYOD Management Mobile Device Management (MDM) BYOD Security Cyber Security IoT Cybersecurityendpoint compliance network monitoring IoT security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000