IT Principal Security Engineer
Areas of Interest: Software Assurance and Security Engineering
report a problem
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
With over 4,000 people worldwide (and growing) and the implementation of new IT systems, we are looking for a high level System Engineer to help meet the IT needs of Fortinet’s rapidly growing workforce. In this critical role you will be based in our Sunnyvale Headquarters and support our global distribution of network and server systems. This is an excellent opportunity to join a network security company and utilize the latest systems and equipment to support our network availability.
- Rapid and accurately target, effective response and remediate the security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Analyze/review system events, network traffic, security system alerts, and other security logs/reports to assess and prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Providing advanced operations and engineering support for critical security systems and services including Windows servers, Linux servers, endpoint security, computer forensics, vulnerability/penetration assessment/mitigation, and security event management (SIEM).
- Management of software & package vulnerabilities, patching, and related technical & security operational functions
- Configuration hardening, assessment, and forensics with Linux servers
- Identify trends and root cause of declared security incidents and provide lessons learned reporting to close the feedback loop
- Ownership and resolution of issues in the production environment
- Build system solutions for projects and operational needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Repair and recover from system failures
- Coordinates and communicates with users
- Responds to and resolves support requests
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours
- Must have experience with vulnerability discovery and remediation, security incidents emergency response and remediation.
- Experience on Fortinet security devices (FortiGate, FortiSwitch, FortiAnalyzer, FortiWeb, FortiDDoS, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM and etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience with information security SIEMs, vulnerability scanners and application scanners
- Solid understanding of routing and switching, VLANs and subnets
- Understands and work experience on OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Experience on ACLs, firewall policies, IPS, AV and Web filtering
- Knowledgeable of Security/Information Assurance (IA) products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Familiar with how to do packet capturing and basic analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu and etc.)
- Scripting skills (Linux shell, Python, Perl and etc.)
- Experience on automation tools (Ansible, Puppet and etc.)
- Experience on system monitoring protocol (SNMP, NetFlow and etc.) and system monitoring tools (Cacti, Nagios, FrameFlow, PRTG and etc.)
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills
- Hands-on experience supporting networking in 24 x 7 enterprise environments
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent education and experience)
- 15+ years of experience in system administration
- 5+ years of experience in network administration
- 5+ years of experience in security administration
- 5+ years of experience with RHEL, CentOS, or Ubuntu, in an enterprise environment
Share this job:
Grow your career Be on a winning team
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
Company Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000