Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Connect to higher care
A career connection worth making.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer provides technical expertise and supports the development teams in identifying and resolving known and unknown vulnerabilities associated with FMCRTG medical devices. This role serves as a key core team member in developing cybersecurity risk analyses for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis products. Main responsibilities of the role include: developing and maintaining cybersecurity risk analyses for Fresenius products; and providing inputs and technical expertise to eliminate or mitigate identified cybersecurity risks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional who collaborates with cross functional project teams during cybersecurity risk analysis for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis and related products across the product life cycle.
- Coordinate with R&D security vulnerability discovery and penetration testing across FMCRTG products.
- Facilitate the Cybersecurity Risk Assessments with focus on identifying known and unknown vulnerabilities utilizing different assessment techniques, such as reverse engineering, network enumeration, disassembling and decompiling, etc.
- Guide mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities across product lines.
- Participate in Code review process.
- Perform QA reviews on Risk Management reports for various products.
- Provide training to project teams on cybersecurity and risk management.
- Understand and ensure compliance with current and applicable US laws and regulations that affect Medical Device Cybersecurity.
- Understand and stay current on best practices and guidance on achieving security.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 30% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3 – 5 years related experience in cybersecurity; or a Master’s degree with 1 year experience; or a PhD with no experience.
- Knowledge of dialysis a plus.
- Knowledge and understating of Medical Device Regulation, Quality, and Design Controls (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 13485, ISO14971, FDA 21 CFR 820.30) a plus.
- Demonstrated technical writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges.
- Proven record to deliver results
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Dialysis services, products, pharmaceuticals, and associated therapies
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+