Information Security Analyst
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is currently looking for an Information Security Analyst in Seaside, California. The Information Security Analyst will be part of a team responsible for system validation. The Information Security Analyst will have the opportunity to leverage their existing technical skills, while learning new skills related to Information Security. A good candidate for the Information Security Analyst MUST possess the following:
- 2+ years of Systems Administration/Cyber Security experience
- Systems Administration experience with Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Security+ CE Certification
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
Additional responsibilities may include:
Job Responsibilities Performs all procedures necessary to assist with a RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A).
- Assist with preparation of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation packages
- Proper execution of the appropriate verification methods for requirements/controls
- Proper execution of security tools and test methods identified (DISA SCAP; SRR)
- Performs personnel interviews during assessments.
- Review proper analysis of testing results
- Review documentation as applicable to controls
- Have experience with the operation of eMASS
- Ability to provide an independent assessment. Ensure security controls are implemented correctly; operating as intended; and are producing the desired outcome.
- This position requires interaction with customers at CONUS Army installations
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Keywords: IT, information technology, information assurance, information security, IA, info sec, infosec, security analyst, cyber analyst, RMF, risk management framework, C&A, A&A, Security+, security plus, Seaside, California, CA,
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret-level security clearance.
- Willing to work overtime; holidays; and weekends as necessary.
- Willing to travel. DoD 8570.01 IAT-II (or higher) Security + CE certification to start.
- Complete understanding and application of DoD; Army; DISA IA regulations; DIACAP/RMF and DIACAP/RMF processes.
- Customer service skills.
- Experience running and analyzing scanning tools.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
General Dynamics Information Technology
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+