When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools to become a top performer? We are looking for people with a different kind of mind-set that includes strong intuition and the ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details. We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats. We are looking for people with the ability to perform the procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
This position is a challenging and fast-paced position with hands on use of Cyber Defense Tools and Capabilities in a global intelligence enterprise. You will apply sound security architecture and engineering principles for the development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detection of them when prevention fails.
We need people who can do all or most of these types of tasks:
- Maintain, Configure and Troubleshoot Cyber Defense Systems such as Palo Alto Firewalls, APCON, FireEye, Linux based servers and appliances, Client\Server technologies, Splunk, or Arcsight.
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of the following: 80/443 web content filters/proxies, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, SIEM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Ability to write signatures for detection systems, such as SNORT and McAfee Intrushield a plus.
- Communicate with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
- Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
- Conduct special projects by request in support of defining and designing system architectures for new or existing CND systems.
- Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provide input for documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and test systems to ensure they meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve problems.
- Provide peer training and technical guidance.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant CND technology.