Cyber Security Engineer
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Cyber Securtiy Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The Cyber Security Developer will install and configure Linux and Windows hardware platforms from the operating system up to the application level. The engineer will document and verify of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer. The engineer will develop installation scripts to automate the system installation as well as develop test plans and procedures for software integration tests conducted. The engineer will be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis and preparation of software test reports. The engineer will with software developers and/or vendors as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during system integration. The engineer will submit problem reports for errors found and will be responsbile for implementing all Information Assurance directives on the systems to include running information assurance scans. The engineer will complete tasks and will coordinate daily integration activities with other local team members. The engineer will develop and test patches in order to fix vulnerabilities in Windows and RHEL.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The Cyber Security Engineer must have the following:
- Security+ certified.
- Strong experience creating, installing, and testing vulnerability fixes to Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the operating system level up.
- Familiarity with Linux Scripting and Windows Powershell.
- Knowledge and experience of XML.
- VMWare systems administration as well as experince installing and configuring VMWare.
- Experience with VM Horizon View.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
- Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
- Experience with Python, Perl, and XPath.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering using an open architecture approach, General Dynamics Mission Systems solves our customers’ most complex challenges by partnering to address current needs and prepare for future requirements.General Dynamics Mission Systems develops products and communication networks that deliver vital information for military, homeland security and public safety professionals. As a prime provider of “network-centric” products and systems, we seamlessly and securely connect users – from the network core to the tactical edge – with the information they need to decide and act. Our world-class capabilities create high-value, low risk solutions for use on land, at sea, in the air and in space.
Mission Systems Acquisitions:
- GD Advanced Information Systems and C4 Systems are combined to form General Dynamics Mission Systems (Jan. 2015)
- Open Kernel Labs (Sept 2012) - IPWireless (June 2012) - Argus Systems Group (Aug 2011) - Fortress Technologies (July 2011) - Ascend Intelligence (January 2010) - Integrated Defense Systems (Feb. 2008)
- Maya Viz (April 2005) - TriPoint Global (Sept 2004) - Motorola's Integrated Information Systems (Sept 2001)
- GTE Government Systems (Aug. 1999) - Ceridian's Computing Devices International (Jan 1998)
Communications / RF Networking, C4ISR, Cyber Security and Defense, Imaging Technologies, SATCOM Services and Products, Maritime Systems, Platform Integration, Training, Modeling and Simulation
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+