Cyber Security Incident Handler
Areas of Interest: Incident Response
report a problem
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the Information Security and IT Risk Management Organization:
The organization is charged with enabling the business through globally delivered IT Risk Management and Information Security services aligned to the enterprise risk and threat profile. Accountable for maintaining a secure organization through strategic alignment, structured governance, process operation and enterprise reporting.
About the Role:
The Cyber Security Incident Handler is responsible for responding to security incidents targeting GM assets. The Incident Handler must be able to apply his/her experience in various system and networking technologies to validate an incident has occurred, properly scope impacted assets, and coordinate containment procedures. The Incident Handler will contribute to projects supporting both tactical and strategic security business objectives. Demonstration of leadership abilities in a large corporate environment as well as expert comprehension of malware, emerging threats, and calculating risk will be critical to success.
The Incident Handler will be asked to perform the following major tasks:
- Contribute to GM cyber security incident response efforts.
- Coordinate response procedures with fellow CIRT members, other GM security teams, business partners, and executive leadership
- Perform network-centric analysis (Network Security Monitoring and related disciplines), host-centric analysis (live response, media analysis, malware examination, and reverse engineering), and/or log-centric analysis.
- Provide information security services to constituents and act as an escalation point for IT teams
- Provide on-call support to 24x7 security monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years working within the information security field, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, and/or security event analysis.
- Possess strong analytical skills - able to efficiently evaluate data sources and communicate analysis effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to create tactical, ad hoc scripts to supplement existing tool base as needed.
- Experience using network security monitoring tools (IDS events, flow tracking, packet loggers, etc) and with the techniques required to properly analyze and respond to information security events.
- Experience evaluating suspect assets using forensics applications and other host based tools (file, memory, and disk analyzers) .
- Great customer service skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, able to coach and mentor other team members
- Security industry certifications are a plus, e.g. CISSP, GCIA, GCIH
- 5+ years experience in security monitoring / security operations.
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber threat actors and their corresponding methods/tactics.
- Strong project management skills.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Share this job:
made for more
At General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We set high standards for our company so that we can give you the best cars, trucks and SUVs. It’s our commitment to deliver vehicles with compelling designs, flawless quality and reliability, and leading safety, fuel economy and infotainment features. The very things that create that special bond between driver and vehicle. Whether it’s a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Opel, Vauxhall or Holden, making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. We take great pride in our work, and take great care to deliver exceptional cars and a positive ownership experience to our customers in 140 countries around the world.
Cars, Trucks, Manufacturing, Automotive, Vehicles, Transportation
Company Industry: Automotive
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
7 other jobs with this company: