Senior Vulnerability Management Analyst
Areas of Interest: Vulnerability Assessment and Management
report a problem
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the Role:
The Vulnerability Management Analyst will support the activities of the Security Assurance team which is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and eradicating vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks throughout the GM environment. This role will be responsible for identifying vulnerabilities across the GM environment, analyze vulnerabilities and prioritize the remediation efforts, managing the tools used to identify vulnerabilities, and track their remediation across all systems within the GM environment.
- Passion for identifying security weaknesses across a variety computer systems
- Assist leadership in expanding the current Vulnerability Management program
- Integrate threat modeling practices into the vulnerability management practice
- Implement processes and manage tools used to identify vulnerabilities and track their remediation within the GM environment
- Act as a coach and mentor to team members, sharing knowledge associated with tools and practices utilized for vulnerability assessments
- Proven ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical business area representatives
- Experience in large scale information technology implementations and operations preferred
- Keep current with vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures as well as devoting time to research and development activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with leadership regarding technical vulnerabilities that may have the potential to impact enterprise operations
- Maintain patch and vulnerability management practices to prevent the exploitation of vulnerabilities that exist within GM systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field with adequate experience in the field of information security is acceptable.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in either: security assurance, penetration testing, or vulnerability management
- Experience with application security source code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of operating system and database security (Windows, Unix, Linux, SQL, and Oracle etc.)
- Experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols
- Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source network and application security testing tools
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive ability to transform technical concepts into usable documented material for non-technical users
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Work independently and manage workload with organization to meet expectations and objectives.
- Absorb, retain and organize information gathered from multiple sources and in a variety of formats.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Programming experience in Java, C++, Perl or Python
- Obtained certifications in one or more of the following preferred: CISSP, GIAC, CEH
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Share this job:
made for more
At General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We set high standards for our company so that we can give you the best cars, trucks and SUVs. It’s our commitment to deliver vehicles with compelling designs, flawless quality and reliability, and leading safety, fuel economy and infotainment features. The very things that create that special bond between driver and vehicle. Whether it’s a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Opel, Vauxhall or Holden, making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. We take great pride in our work, and take great care to deliver exceptional cars and a positive ownership experience to our customers in 140 countries around the world.
Cars, Trucks, Manufacturing, Automotive, Vehicles, Transportation
Company Industry: Automotive
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
7 other jobs with this company: