Application Security Intern
GitHub is looking for a Application Security Intern who is excited about securing web applications. Keeping our users' data secure is one of GitHub's highest priorities. We live on the bleeding edge of security technology, employing innovative as well as proven defenses to keep our users safe from the multitude of threats we face. As an intern, you will work closely with the application security team to find and fix vulnerabilities in GitHub.com and other web applications and to ensure new code is secure before it ships
- Performing security assessments of GitHub.com features and other web applications
- Reviewing pull requests with an eye for security vulnerabilities
- Triaging submissions to our bounty program
- Suggesting and implementing code fixes to vulnerabilities
- Development of new automated security scanning features
What you (the intern) will learn:
- A deep understanding of web application vulnerabilities
- How to identify vulnerabilities in Ruby on Rails code
- How to communicate and triage vulnerabilities with developers
- A passion for learning
- Strong written communication skills
- Interest in web application security (Eg. Cross-Site Scripting, SQL injection, etc)
- Some experience with web development (Eg. Ruby on Rails)
Who we are
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why you should join our Summer 2018 Intern Program
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We love watching talented people learn and explore their skills. Our internships are designed to give you unique work experience by pairing you with real GitHubbers on real projects.
As a Summer Intern:
- You will be based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Your internship will be 10 weeks between June and August, 2018
- You must be a student enrolled in a university, community college, associate, or graduate school program to be eligible
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000