Security Operations Engineer
GoPro, Inc. is transforming the way people capture and share their lives. What began as an idea to help athletes self-document while engaged in sports has become a mobile storytelling solution that helps the world capture and share immersive content.
GoPro offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed.
As technology evolves, GoPro needs quality information security practitioners who can work not only with the technology and understand the threat landscape but also with our internal partners to secure our staff, intellectual property, and our customers. You will be expected to know technology in great depth but you will also be called upon to share your knowledge with others – both technical and non-technical. Relationship building are significant attributes to a successful GoPro Information Security team contributor. If you are passionate about Information Security Operations and like sharing it with others, we’ve been looking for a “hero” like you. Do you have what it takes to be a GoPro HERO?
GoPro is looking for an Information Security Operations Analyst to join the Information Security team working to help protect GoPro’s infrastructure. You'll be working with other security engineers to monitor, identify, contain, eradicate, and recover from security events, improving workflows, automating processes, and maturing the information security program. You will be joining a team responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of GoPro’s applications, networks, and systems.
IF YOU ARE...a smart security practitioner with a passion for improving security in a global organization using the skills you have developed throughout your career then we might have a job for you.
What You Will Do
- onitor and analyze potential infrastructure security events to determine if it qualifies as a legitimate security incident / breach;
- Monitor and review network, system, and security events to identify potential security incidents in IT infrastructure (Research and analyze threats affecting the security of GoPro systems);
- Work in a team environment and monitor the health and wellness of security systems on GoPro’s global networks;
- Triage events, attempt to remediate, and initiate escalation procedures to appropriately inform and advise management on incidents and incident management;
- Interface with technical personnel and other teams as required;
- Automate routine tasks and processes supporting network monitoring systems ;
- Document, communicate, and conform to processes related to security monitoring;
- Collaborate with System Admins to identify and develop security solutions ;
- Communicate, lead, and influence colleagues in information security best practices;
- Participate, review, advise, and design information security into the fabric of critical enterprise projects, processes, and business partner teams;
- Demonstrate your knowledge of Information Security to all staff in our enterprise-wide Information Security Awareness Campaign.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS OR equivalent work experience;
- 2+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, or systems administration in at least one of the following areas: OS X, Linux, UNIX, Windows, TCP/IP networking, security fundamentals.
Preferred Skills We’re Stoked About
- Understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities, and attacks;
- Knowledge of Network Intrusion Detection Systems and exploits / vulnerabilities;
- Knowledge of SIEM tools / Log Analysis;
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment;
- Strong grasp of information security fundamentals including secure communications, encryption, and networking and security compensating controls;
- Able to demonstrate significant depth of understanding in one or more security fields;
- Contribute to red/blue team activities;
- Strong knowledge of enterprise-level SIEMs, IDSes, Netflow, Network Device Configuration, next generation endpoint protection solutions, vulnerability assessment and management tools, incident response procedures, and analysis of social engineering attacks (including phishing);.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, documentation, and communication skills; able to concisely communicate security risks to both technical and business audiences;
- Demonstrate ability to methodically locate assets with limited information by leveraging core enterprise resources (including ARP tables, MAC addresses, DNS, etc.);
- Pluses: Scripting and Automation, packet capture and analysis, threat research, and passion for securing a global organization.
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro;
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included);
- Competitive salary and bonus;
- Fully stocked fridges with snacks galore;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GOPRO® and HERO® are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Wearable digital cameras for sports, Entertainment, Virtual Reality, and Drones
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000