Information Security Engineer
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As an Information Security Engineer at Google you will help ensure that our software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will perform technical security assessments, code reviews and vulnerability testing to highlight risk and help Google teams and partners improve security. You will also work closely with other Google Engineers to design and build proactive methods to enhance our security posture. Top candidates will enjoy working on a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks, with further option to specialize and/or perform research in a number of attack and defense fields.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout Google.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Google's products and services.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security auditing.
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Relevant work experience in web application security.
- Software development experience in C++ or Java.
- Foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.
search, ads, mobile, android, online video
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+