Security Operations Engineer, Google Cloud (Apigee)
Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Apigee, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The world is going digital - every business aspires to be a digital business like Google. Apigee delivers an API platform to accelerate the pace of digital business. We help companies – from disruptive start-ups to the Fortune 100 – use their enterprise data and services to create connected digital experiences for customers, partners and employees. Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs.
The Edge Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment possible for our customers, including their administrators, end users, and developers. As a Security Operations Engineer, you help protect service boundaries, keep computer systems and networks hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Operations Engineers work hands-on with the network and the multi-cloud based Apigee service and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities. You use your expertise to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage Apigee technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Identify and respond to security events at Edge and for our customers.
- Deploy and operationalize enterprise authentication and authorization infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot cloud security issues with the operations and engineering teams responsible for the design, build and operations of Apigee’s global network infrastructure.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Design and maintain secure cloud based networks.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with coding/scripting in Python, C/C++, Java, Ruby, Go or Bash.
- Experience with the Linux operating system, cloud infrastructure (i.e. GCP or AWS) and networking concepts.
- Experience with large distributed systems.
- Experience identifying potential vulnerabilities and driving them to closure.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and responding to security or privacy issues, including developing signatures, monitoring alerts, detailed logs analysis, and investigation.
- Familiarity with log analysis, anomaly detection, data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion detection systems (IDS) and signature development.
- Familiarity with network design, network security, authentication, authorization techniques, and encryption protocols and standards.
- Ability to scale themselves by identifying and/or driving efficient processes or automation to reduce ongoing incidents.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders and to juggle multiple time-sensitive projects efficiently.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.
search, ads, mobile, android, online video
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+