Cloud Security Engineer
GuidePoint Security competes for the best talent.
Cloud Security Engineers are experienced in building security-driven cloud solutions using cloud service provider APIs, SDKs, web services, and automation tools. They are motivated to demonstrate that cloud computing can be done securely while maintaining the speed and agility of the cloud. Cloud Security Analysts are as experienced in understanding security and compliance requirements as they are in delivering automated cloud solutions in IaaS and PaaS. They stay current with new cloud services, cloud technologies, and delivery methodologies in order to provide guidance to customers migrating to the cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate security automation by working with cloud service provider APIs, SDKs, and custom source code
- Design and build cloud security solutions that meet customer needs in automation, monitoring, and DevSecOps
- Work with cloud service provider infrastructure modeling services such as CloudFormation to build ready-to-deliver secured and compliant cloud infrastructures
- Work with GuidePoint technology partners to integrate cloud security solutions into GuidePoint’s cloud security architecture
- Evaluate the cloud security posture of customer public and private cloud environments using the GuidePoint Cloud Security Framework and industry security frameworks
- Maintain cloud and security industry certifications such as AWS and Azure certifications, CISSP, CCSP, and others as applicable
- Have fun, learn, and have a desire to grow your career in cloud security
Education and Technical Requirements:
- 2 or more years of experience in developing with JSON and Python or Ruby (Python preferred).
- Experienced working with APIs and SDKs
- System administration experience with Unix or Windows and the Linux command line or Powershell
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure experience is a plus
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt is preferred, but not required, only a commitment to learn
- Experience building or managing systems and/or applications requiring compliance such as PCI, HIPAA, or FedRAMP
- Self-motivated, well-organized, able to communicate and collaborate with teams of various competencies, and able to meet aggressive deadlines
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 200 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employee only-paid medical and dental with generous employer contributions for employee plus one or more dependent
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 6 months at open enrollment
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Application Security, Cloud Security, Data Security & Privacy, DLP, GRC, Identity & Access Management, IPS & IDS, IR, Mobile Security, PCI, Penetration Testing, Risk Assessments, SIEM, VPN, Vulnerability Assessments, Vulnerability Management, VPN, Wireless Security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200