Network Security Engineer - F5
GuidePoint Security competes for the best talent.
Network Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Network Security Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Network Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Network Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients.
The Network Security Engineer will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in supporting F5 load balancers Big-IP Infrastructure which includes Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM),Application Security Manager (ASM) and Access Policy Manager (APM). This position is full-time staff augmentation position with a GuidePoint Security client in Audubon, PA.
- Create virtual servers, pools/pool members, nodes, monitors, etc.
- Perform LTM SSL offloading and ciphers configuration to secure F5 configurations
- Perform daily operational F5 tasks submitted by customers through Remedy
- Install, configure, and maintain F5 hardware, software, devices and appliances in support of customer infrastructure
- Prepare network or infrastructure Visio topology diagrams, write Standard Operating Procedures and maintenance plans, and provide status reports as required
- Participate in data calls and other operational and maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot F5 network problems, device configurations and coordinate with various department administrators to facilitate F5 resolution
- Adhere to Government policies, procedures and work rules and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels as determined by the stakeholder
- Provide metrics for network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, PRTG, and Netflow
- Manage and maintain the incident management queues for the team; work problem tickets and issues to completion
- Adhere to compliance controls as assigned (i.e. internal security audits)
- Work with managed service providers/carriers to provide oversight for Service Level Agreement adherence
- Maintain a highly available and scalable network environment
- Assist with technical issues, project management, design, analysis, and implementation of network solutions as needed
- Develop and execute mitigation plans for technical issues
- Prepare periodic maintenance plans and comply with change management procedures
- Maintain detailed knowledge of company network and technology standards
- 3+ years overall F5 application delivery and security experience working in a large enterprise environment with the internal processes of a Federal Governmental structure and its mandates is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with the client on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure
- Significant experience with F5 Big-IP to include set up, maintenance, & upgrades
- Extensive experience with F5 Big-IP in a large shared environment
- Experience with legacy F5 platforms to include maintaining and replacement
- Demonstrate an ability to craft and understand iRules
- Familiarity with tcpdump, Wireshark, and analyzing network traffic
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP network models and provide examples
- Ability to work in a large SDLC environment
- Experience analyzing security impacts and risks to websites, explain crafting ASM policies with examples
- Extensive experience in custom SSL, ciphers, and LTM traffic performance optimization
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and systems administration; and the ability to troubleshoot problems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field
- Candidate must pass background check
- Candidate must pass drug screening, if required by the client
- This position is a full-time client staff augmentation role
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 200 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 6 months at open enrollment
- Work remote/virtual from home office when not required on site
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Application Security, Cloud Security, Data Security & Privacy, DLP, GRC, Identity & Access Management, IPS & IDS, IR, Mobile Security, PCI, Penetration Testing, Risk Assessments, SIEM, VPN, Vulnerability Assessments, Vulnerability Management, VPN, Wireless Security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200