GuidePoint Security competes for the best talent.
Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following security technologies: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxy, Endpoint, SIEM, and general networking background
- Proficiency in operating systems including Windows 2003 & 2008 R2, Windows XP and 7, RHES, CentOS and Ubuntu Linux
- Proficiency in monitoring and defending attacks utilizing security technologies, including, advanced anti-malware solutions, network forensics, and visibility solutions
- Information Systems architecture and security control design and development experience
- Up to 50% out-of-town travel may be required to client locations in New England and New York
- Security Engineers work from home when not visiting client locations
- Experience with network security technologies including Symantec DLP, ForeScout, Websense, Palo Alto, BlueCoat, Check Point, McAfee, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Splunk, and Cisco SourceFire
- Educational & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 200 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Application Security, Cloud Security, Data Security & Privacy, DLP, GRC, Identity & Access Management, IPS & IDS, IR, Mobile Security, PCI, Penetration Testing, Risk Assessments, SIEM, VPN, Vulnerability Assessments, Vulnerability Management, VPN, Wireless Security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200