AIS/Cyber Security Analyst
Develop Your Future at Harris Corporation
Harris employees create innovative technologies that connect, inform and protect
Title: AIS/Cyber Security Analyst
REQ ID: CN20172601-16767
Location: Kekaha, HI
Job Description: Harris is seeking an AIS/Cyber Security Analyst to support our Navy PMRF customer in Kekaha, HI.
Since 1993, we have provided technical support services for the operation and maintenance of Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) range systems, which is the world’s largest instrumented missile range. This has included operations planning and conduct, testing, studies, engineering design, depot level maintenance, AIS security, and software development and testing. Systems responsibility includes surveillance and tracking radar, telemetry, operations control rooms and associated computers, aerial targets, ordnance, marine department with three boats, control tower, communications, electronic warfare, and networks.
Performs security tasks required by the DoD 8500.1 DoD Cybersecurity Instruction, DoD 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology, DoD 5220.00-M National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-37, and other Policy for the administration and safeguarding of US and foreign Government classified and unclassified information as it pertains to DoD networks, standalone computer systems, and Platform IT. Provides Defense in Depth principles and technology in Cyber Security engineering designs and implementation meetings. Verifies and ensures compliance with US Government requirements for Cyber Security.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Plans, executes and tracks successful DIACAP, RMF, and Platform IT Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation submissions to the Customer.
- Conducts elements of ongoing Cybersecurity Education Program.
- Provides feedback to policy guidelines for the interpretation, implementation, inspection, and enforcement of DoD, DoN and customer directed Cybersecurity requirements.
- Analyzes, performs, and documents incidents and events IAW policy and ensures that security controls are in place providing required protection(s), and where necessary, amends/alters security controls.
- Interfaces/maintains liaison with the System Managers, Command ISSM, Command Network Manager, DISA, and/or other Cognizant Security Agencies regarding Accreditation Scheduling, IAVM Compliance Reports, and Compliance and Validation Certification activities.
- Reviews and coordinates implementation of Communication Task Orders (CTO) and Cybersecurity threat warnings received from the Government and provide direction on the required actions for mitigation of the threat(s).
- Supports, adheres to, and participates in all Configuration Management requirements to include System Change Request processing.
- Performs ACAS report reviews, Nessus scanning and reviews audit reports and logs.
- Participates in risk analysis, performance, reliability, and security impact analysis to determine appropriate Cyber Security products, systems, and policies for implementation.
- Administers, creates, and enforces any procedures necessary to prevent classified information from migrating to unclassified Information Systems and/or from physically leaving secure areas.
- May perform duties as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Perform other duties as required.
- General office environment with site visits to remote sites.
- Must able to lift, carry, and move equipment.
- Minimum physical elements: to include walking, standing, crawling, kneeling or cramped, continuous sitting, and work requiring repeated or frequent climbing.
- Lifting over 50lbs., pushing or pulling of 25-50 lbs.
- Customer contact, extended work day, confined work area, office laboratory, field assignment and inclement weather.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and 6+ years of related experience, or an A.S./A.A degree with ten (10) years of experience in IT disciplines.
- Five (5) years of cybersecurity related experience
- Working level knowledge of DoD cybersecurity practices/procedure is required
- Three (3) years of specific DIACAP/DIARMF related experience
- Applicant must be DoD 8570.1M certified at IAT Level 2 and maintain certification throughout duration of employment (IA Baseline Certification of Security+CE
- Computing Environment Certification in one or more of MS Win7/Win10, Win Svr 2008/20012, Linux, CCENT, CCNA, Junos)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in briefing DoD Executive Leadership (0-6 / GS-13 and above) a plus
- SME level knowledge; current DoN cybersecurity practices/procedure is highly desirable
- Candidate must be capable of working in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- CISSP is highly desirable
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. Harris will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Harris Corporation is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, Harris has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to email resumes to AppAssistance@harris.com or call toll free @ 1-800-624-9106 if further assistance is required.
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries, has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue and 22,000 employees worldwide. The company is organized into four business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks.
Communication Systems, Electronic Systems, Critical Networks, Space and Intelligence
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+