Information Systems Security Engineer / IA Architect
Develop Your Future at Harris Corporation
Harris employees create innovative technologies that connect, inform and protect
We are seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer to support our Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) customer, in Herndon, VA. This position is contingent, pending contract award.
We have been tasked to develop the capability for Joint Command and Control across Land, Naval and Air Military Services; upgrade existing capability of AFP Command and Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance project (C4ISTAR) to a level needed for the successful conduct of military operations in the Information Age; and establish a robust high-performance Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure.
The Information Systems Security Engineer will serve as an IA Subject Matter Expert in designing and developing the LAN, Desktop, Data Center infrastructure, systems, security, and services to support C4ISTAR.
- Identify and design appropriate hardware and software security solutions to meet customer requirements within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Ensure security posture compliance with applicable DoD guidelines
- Develop process and documentation to support and develop security policy
- Design, configure, install, document, and manage SIEM and related security devices/appliances
- Engage with vendors and other partners to develop solutions
- Provide guidance, technology alternatives and recommendations to partners, customers, and other technical experts
- Conduct training for users, operators, and administrators for security maintenance, and administration of security devices/appliances
- Support the all stages of the Program including: Systems Requirement Review, Preliminary Design Review, Site Survey, Critical Design Review, Integration, Installation, Training, and Integrated Logistics Plan
- Provide support in development of the technical design package consisting of IP Schema, call plans, block diagrams, network architecture, etc.
- Lead or support complex troubleshooting to resolve or mitigate integration, vendor, hardware, or software problems
- Support and plan System Operational Verification Tests (SOVT)
- Provide on-call technical assistance
- Support Technical Working Groups
- Travel as required to support integration, design reviews, site surveys, installation, training, program reviews, technical assistance, and technical working groups
- Support development of risk management, quality control, integrated master schedule, configuration management, and training
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or other related engineering field
- 15+ years’ experience in Information Security to include understanding of SIEM administration and DoD security compliance
- Security Certification preferred
- Experience supporting large, complex, multisite IT environments supporting government customers
- Knowledgeable with HP ArcSight
- Knowledgeable in system administration, DoD security compliance, firewalls, IPS/IDS, VPNs, encryption, ATO documentation, security policy, and CSfC
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires the candidate to be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
For more than 55 years, we’ve partnered with customers to advance critical missions across the globe—providing innovative, reliable solutions for Intelligence, defense, and federal civilian agencies, including NASA. The company’s 3,500 highly-skilled professionals deliver expertise in IT and engineering services, ground network operation and sustainment, and managed services supporting essential communications worldwide. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, the business generates over $1 billion in annual revenue. Visit harris.com/govitservices to learn more.
Government IT Services represents Harris IT Services Corporation and its affiliates.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. Harris will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Harris Corporation is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, Harris has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to email resumes to AppAssistance@harris.com or call toll free @ 1-800-624-9106 if further assistance is required.
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries, has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue and 22,000 employees worldwide. The company is organized into four business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks.
Communication Systems, Electronic Systems, Critical Networks, Space and Intelligence
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+