Security IPH Technologist
Let's break boundaries and shape the future of technology.
Join us, at HP.
This position will be reporting directly to the MGR 2. The role includes Project Management and providing technical leadership for the development of new security technologies for New IPH Products. The main objectives of the Security team are to protect HP Supplies Business against Counterfeit threats through technical advancements and generation of New IP to support the Patent portfolio. The team is also responsible for all Authentication systems and methods for IPH Supplies.
This roll will sit in a new organization within the Supplies Business Development Org that will build on past success but will now house all Supplies Security under a single org. This presents excellent opportunity to develop your skills in the exciting area of Supplies Security Technology.
Key accountabilities for this position include planning, executing, and delivering incremental security features for new IPH programs according to required timelines and budgets. Reporting to management on status and risks, interfacing with product and support partners, and knowledge transfer to operations teams at product launch.
Specific examples for job responsibilities include:
- Strategic Role. Define Technical roadmap to of Security Features to protect HP’s Business. Proactively engage industry and/or understand market trends to better HP’s Aftermarket Share and the competitors within that space. Partner with Competitive Intelligence in development of Security feature roadmap in alignment with this understanding.
- Technical Leadership. Lead technical team of Engineers in the development of New Security Features and in the development of the security strategy. Develop plan to integrate the new features into supplies programs and ensure execution to meet product timelines. Evaluate feature feasibility, impact and effectiveness. Provide system solutions to technical issues arising from integration. Develop junior engineers within the team, as appropriate.
- Project Management. Manage project development cycle from concept to release. This includes developing aligning program goals and plans to fit product Security requirements. Adjust PDP guidelines and align with new development approaches to fit the Security Development Environment. In addition, own plans with appropriate Product Engineering groups for Feature stabilization beyond product intro, to ensure robust launch and stable performance through product life cycle
- Communication. Lead Design reviews to product partners, Program teams, and senior management and Security PMO. Represent feature performance and status, including risks and action plans for successful launch.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Experience & Skills)
- Educational and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering (or related engineering discipline).
- 7+ years of experience performing in a fast-paced, industrial R&D environment, with emphasis on System integration. (HW, FW, Print-Head and Supplies Mfg. Systems)
- Demonstrated skills on the following:
- Ability to lead technical teams in defining strategies and technical direction.
- Exhibit solid planning and organizational skills.
- System-level thinking, with ability to identify system-level solutions that meet Security requirements in the most efficient, economical manner and within the required schedule/budget.
- Leadership across organizational boundaries. Ability to interface with groups from different functions (i.e. Hardware, Firmware, Print-head, Supplies, product engineering, etc.) and across geographical boundaries.
- Verbal and written communication with technical audience and management.
- Other requirements
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong team-building skills to optimize organizational influence and accountability.
- Strong business acumen.
- High motivation, degree of commitment, and initiative.
- Advanced degree and/or 3+ year in an Expert role.
- Experience integrating developments that include Hardware, Firmware, Print-head and Supplies Systems for TIJ Printing Platforms.
- Understanding the use of financial methods in determining supplies share and application of such methods in the Justification of Security Requirements.
The HP Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) embody the fundamental principles that govern our ethical and legal obligations to HP. They pertain not only to our conduct within the company but also to conduct involving our customers, channel partners, suppliers and competitors.
Read more about how we win the right way.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Hewlett Packard Company provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
HP is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com.
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+