Cyber Security Product Design Engineer
People Are Our Ultimate Differentiator
Discover how great careers start here
INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
Honeywell is seeking a Cyber Security Product Design Engineer for our Duluth, GA location.
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS). You will partner with world class engineering's and leaders to implement product strategies, develop program schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity.
- Develop and maintain our Industrial Cyber Security product offerings, acting as a key engineering resource to guide cyber security product development as part of the Strategic Innovation Group (SIG).
- Identify and understand product requirements provided by SIG Product Architects, and translate those requirements into an actionable agile development plan.
- Serve as the primary technical resource and mentor for product engineering efforts.
- Lead product quality by fostering an environment of development best practices, code optimization and efficient development operations.
- Obtain deep internal product knowledge of all Honeywell Industrial Cyber Security products.
- Communicate effectively with distributed engineering teams, Product Management, Marketing and others as the primary technical liaison to those teams.
The Cyber Security Product Design Engineer will possess strong development skills and be familiar with high optimized software development best practices. This individual will be able to develop well designed, efficient code in a modern Object Oriented software language; follow security best-practices and policies in developing best-in-class secure software; generate clear, understandable component designs; serve as a software matter expert in one or more areas; perform thorough code reviews and provide guidance towards code optimization and quality improvements.
The CSPDE will play an important role, developing a collaborative technical relationship with senior Product Architects as well as individual product development teams located in Phoenix, AZ; Duluth, GA; Tel Aviv, Israel; and other locations. This is a key role to ensure that the strategic product vision of SIG is successfully represented in the products in development. Experience with software quality initiatives, secure coding practices, and highly scalable data handling is desired. This individual will be an expert in software development, and also possess a rudimentary understanding in the areas of Industrial Process Control, Industrial Networking and Industrial Cyber Security. Ability to travel up to 10% in a region may be required as needed.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS Degree or in lieu of a degree, senior level work experience in software design and development required
- Experience designing and developing code in a modern object-oriented language required
- Ability to successfully translate high-level strategic designs to detailed development designs
- Ability to utilize agile programming practices and tool
- Experience in software design and development including both back-end and front-end systems
- Experience in team management or mentoring
- Technical background in the areas of industrial control systems, process control networks, SCADA or other industrial automation is important and preferred
- Experience developing highly optimized software supporting efficient I/O in highly scalable systems
- Experience in application design, user interface design, and user experience management
- Microsoft Visual Studio programming experience with C# or VB.NET.
- Experience in Object Oriented programming languages.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about secure software development.
- Knowledgeable about securing an end-to-end distributed system.
- Experience in Cloud- and/or Azure-based development.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+