Principal Architect for Cloud Security
Shape the Future of Technologies
Principal Architect, Cloud Security
The Trustworthy Cloud team in the Cloud Computing Lab, at Bellevue, WA (R&D) strives to protect customer data and services, secure our cloud’s infrastructure, and provide strengthened cloud services for all our customers in a cost effective way. We work hard to compete against established big players. We provide advanced cloud technology to partners in multiple regions around the globe, helping them build up their cloud offerings and earn trust from customers and regulators.
The challenges we are facing are unique. Not only do we need to deal with complex, diverse systems, we also need to work with different customers and partners. Simply replicating won’t suffice; coming up with innovative technologies to handle these challenges and advance our competitiveness, that’s our team’s top priority. If you are interested in building a more secure, dependable, trustable cloud, and solving related problems with technological innovations, we’d like to talk to you.
The key responsibilities of the successful candidate are:
- Develop security technology plan for the short- and mid-terms; identify key security technologies; define technology and platform roadmap to support the Company’s business and product strategy; help improve security capability of Huawei IT products, covering the Cloud, data centers, servers, storage and other services; increase industry-leading competitiveness, and guide the strategy for R&D team.
- Identify technology trends, design prototypes and solutions, and coordinate the work with team members and other experts. Focus on the IT Security area, including Cloud computing, network security, and application security.
- Participate in technology communication and other companies; interact with customers, security product vendors, ISP/ICP, universities, etc. Identify and catch the opportunity on the technology collaboration and innovation.
- Work with members of technical team, product management team and R&D team to assure the technology plan to be consistent with company goals and priorities.
- Participate in key security, privacy issues judgment, and make up the security policy of Public Cloud and IT products R&D.
- 5+ years of experience in computer security, including cloud, network, and software security in general. Successful planning and designing experience in IT, cloud computing, cyber security and related technology is highly preferred.
- 10+ years in computer industry.
- Deeply understand network and information security in the cloud as well as in the enterprise. Deeply understand the mid- and long-term cloud computing technology development trend.
- Understands the IT industry in general, as well as cloud computing, public and private cloud, virtualization, networking, middleware, database, web service architecture, and related technologies.
- Relevant experience with AWS and/or Azure security related is highly preferred.
- Work experience at prominent cloud computing companies highly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work for us?
- In 2015, Huawei's revenue reached CNY395 billion (US$60.8 billion based on the year-end exchange rate), an increase of 37% (YOY)
- We invest in engineering and innovation - 70,000+ of our 150,000+ global employees work in R&D
- Globally ranked #1 for International Patent Submissions
- We continually invest heavily in global community involvement programs
- We support green energy - Lowered CO2 emissions by 13,000 tons via Huawei’s green packaging solutions
- Engaged in over 100 research projects with 50+ Universities in the United States
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services, regardless of geographic location. Contributing to the sustainable development of society, the economy, and the environment, Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions, and resource costs.
Information and Communications Technology ICT, Enterprise Solutions, Consumer Devices, Carrier Network
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+