IT Security Engineering Manager
Areas of Interest: Software Assurance and Security Engineering, Strategic Planning and Policy Development, Systems Security Architecture
report a problem
Join the ADVENTURE...
As the Security Engineering Lead you will be responsible for HBC security architecture & engineering strategy & roadmap, security solutions design, security capabilities management and/or governance oversight, security standards and specifications development. You will lead a globally dispersed team of engineers and analysts to design and implement security solutions to solve complex business and security challenges and to drive improvements in the overall security posture of HBC.
Success in this role requires broad general technical security knowledge/expertise, proven service management skills, cross-functional project delivery, and the ability to manage a team responsible for driving security across the entire enterprise in a highly collaborative manner.
- Driving and facilitating the documentation of Security Roadmaps and Blueprints for application Architecture. . Work in collaboration with Architecture teams to develop appropriate Architecture patterns, standards and guidelines for current and planned systems.
- Provides project management support and reporting, including identification and management of project issues and risks, assistance with design mockups, performing benchmark analyses, managing demand and analyzing project data.
- Develop cost effective technical solutions and security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Balance risks in security flaws and work with IT and business teams and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Lead and manage implementation of security solutions; Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
- Mentors, coaches, and trains members of the information security team, the broader information technology services team, and other technologists throughout HBC.
- Coordinate closely with the Information Security Program Management team to provide regular metrics and reporting to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the services, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the overall maturity of related security capabilities.
- Manage the budget and projects associated with security architecture and engineering to invest resources to efficiently reduce risk
- 4 years of college degree, preferably in IT Security, Information Systems or IT related fields.
- MS preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in all levels of the technology stack and security solution capabilities such as: cloud, firewalls, intrusion detection & prevention, Security Incident and Event Management, perimeter management, domain segmentation, mail filtering (virus, spam, etc.), network segmentation, authentication, enterprise portals, database encryption, data encryption and tokenization, data loss prevention, host intrusion detection, enterprise directories (LDAP and Active Directory), end point security controls, application security and secure coding techniques.
- A security technology strategist with the ability to think beyond the here-and-now and in 3+ year horizon, seek-out and formulate future technology paths based on the needs of the customer, technology disruptions and competitive landscape.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to lead, build, and develop a team of senior IT professionals through formal and informal reporting relationships.
- Pragmatic understanding of security problems as a mix of technology and process issues with the ability to pursue solutions at both layers within the organization.
- Ability to influence management, key decision-makers, and highly technical resources
- Ability to apply business case development and project justification techniques
- CISSP, CISA, or CISM preferred
- Knowledge of retail business is preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Customer driven to understand and appropriately respond to customers' business needs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Work with a high sense of urgency.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- 10 + years of Security, Architecture and Engineering experience
- Experience and understanding of business security and compliance requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated business solutions
- Governance frameworks including: ISO 27001, NIST, COBIT, ITIL, OWASP, ITIL
- Regulations and/or contractual obligations including: HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, GLBA, SOC /SSAE16
- International experience and understanding of security requirements for different countries.
Share this job:
Hudson's Bay Company
The Hudson's Bay Company is truly one-of-a-kind. No other company in the world can boast the longevity of success, legacy of innovation or significance in history. Join our team, and become part of a company that is redefining the retail industry. Since day one, we have been a company of adventurers. It is that sense of adventure that has driven our success, and it is what sets HBC apart from other retailers. The HBC environment is rich with knowledge, passion and drive that combined with a deep history, inspires our associates at every level.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
Company Size: 10,001+
One other job with this company: