Cybersecurity Software Engineer/Researcher
Where passion meets expertise…and together, we create results.
Your journey awaits.
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through implementation of effective cybersecurity solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents. Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our security engineers and data scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
- Work with a small project team to create simulations, models, and agents using Python and other open-source technologies in a Linux research environment
- Work collaboratively within a team or as an individual on the assigned project to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Adjust to varying development schedules as dictated by project needs
- Learn novel, cutting-edge approaches to cyber-security analysis and simulation
- Simulation of environment using real network data, open and closed-source intelligence/features, to drive agents for situation understanding and (simulated) defensive actions.
- Implement and evaluate collaborative software-agents.
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience in data analysis, networking, and simulation
- Strong Python (2.x) and C/C++ experience preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience using a variety of programming and scripting languages
- Familiarity with network communications, and cyber-security operations, tooling, and data for enterprise scale network defense
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain
- Experience with architectures for experimental and basic research in agents and algorithms
- Experience developing data analysis of cyber vulnerability data, asset security status data, and real-time network traffic collection data to perform assessment of trust, reputation, and risk in both enterprise scale and tactical, MANET networks
- Experience implementing python for data-analysis, including POMDP (partially observable, markov decision process), to create data-objects for situation understanding
- Experience implementing software-agents to (1) generate alerts and advisories based upon models for situation understanding, and (2) invoke simulated defensive actions
- Familiarity with GitHub and other, open-source algorithm and modeling sources
- Familiarity and interest in applying above models to tactical networks
- Academic or technical publishing experience
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
About ICFICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Our 5,000+ employees work to define and achieve success for our people, clients, and shareholders in a rapidly changing world without boundaries.
ICF's website is www.icfi.com.
Aviation, Climate, Community Development, Defense, Education, Energy, Environment, Families and Communities, Health, Homeland Security, Transportation, Associations + Nonprofits, International Development
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000