Security BIOS Engineering Intern
Be different here. There is no 'typical' Intel employee.
We come from all places, backgrounds and perspectives. But we all share a passion for the future.
Intel Corporation's Software and Services Group (SSG) is looking for an intern to work in the area of platform firmware resiliency. The Platform Armoring and Resiliency PAR team within SSG is responsible for creating a secure firmware capability within Intel and the ecosystem to proactively ensure the standard boot and recovery infrastructure of IA platforms is both usable and secure
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing fuzzing and symbolic execution tools to explore target binaries
- Prototyping new functionality in UEFI/BIOS
- Developing/supporting software tools in C and Python
- Gathering and analyzing execution traces to identify patterns of interest
- Utilizing QEMU or virtualization environments to analyze target binaries
- Able to collaborate in team environments
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Must be available for a 3 to 6 month internship
- Minimum 6 months experience with:
- IA assembler
- Minimum 3 months experience with CPU architecture.
- Minimum 3 months experience with platform boot firmware
- Must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship
- 3 months experience with Intel Model-Specific Registers (MSRs) or Configuration Space Registers (CSRs)
- 3 months experience with developing kernel modules or kernel code
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
The range of computing products based on Intel® architecture goes beyond PCs and servers and extends to phones, tablets, consumer electronics devices, and more. We are the world's largest semiconductor chip maker, based on revenue. Platforms are designed and configured to work together to provide an optimized user computing solution--one that is seamless, connected and puts the user at the center.
Step inside our world and you’ll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. And through this shared dedication—this culture of innovation and exploration—we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+