Security Research Scientist
Be different here. There is no 'typical' Intel employee.
We come from all places, backgrounds and perspectives. But we all share a passion for the future.
This full-time opportunity is within Security & Privacy Research SPR at Intel Labs.
The mission of SPR is to drive industry-leading research in Trustworthy Execution, Anti-Malware, Cryptography, and Privacy to deliver the highest robustness and assurance on Intel platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing research in the area of Secure Analytics Machine Learning in an Adversarial environment, proposing scalable algorithms, and building prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of technical solutions.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, show initiative, identify and drive closure of technical issues towards maturing research vectors.
- Present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must possess a Master of Science or a Ph.D. degree program in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent with focus on software and platform security.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in the following:
- Programming developing software with C++, C, Java, or Python or other languages.
- At least one security-related publication in a peer-reviewed conference proceedings or journal.
- Research on at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Cryptography, Virtualization, Compilers, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- Familiarity with legacy and evolving software and hardware exploit techniques such use Buffer/Stack overflow, Heap-spray ,Use after Free UAF, Return/Call/Jump Oriented Programming ROP/COP/JOP, Physical attacks.
- Familiarity with state of the art Machine Learning approaches with application to one of more projects.
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
The range of computing products based on Intel® architecture goes beyond PCs and servers and extends to phones, tablets, consumer electronics devices, and more. We are the world's largest semiconductor chip maker, based on revenue. Platforms are designed and configured to work together to provide an optimized user computing solution--one that is seamless, connected and puts the user at the center.
Step inside our world and you’ll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. And through this shared dedication—this culture of innovation and exploration—we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+