Chief Privacy Counsel
It's time to love what you do!
real work. real impact.
Intuit’s Legal Compliance & Policy team is tasked with building, protecting and expanding Intuit's competitive advantage and customer experience. We intelligently manage risk, shaping strategy to drive better business decisions for our internal and external environment.
The Chief Privacy Counsel will partner with senior leaders and influence cross-functionally to continue to develop and manage the global privacy program. This individual will build and lead a diverse and talented legal team responsible for data use innovation and compliance with global data protection and privacy regulations. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and influencer; a leader for our internal teams, customers, and industry. The Chief Privacy Counsel will partner with the Chief Privacy Officer to drive Intuit’s data stewardship vision and collaborate on complex privacy and interrelated regulatory issues. The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking a high-profile leadership position to drive, partner, communicate and help develop innovative approaches to complex issues. This individual will be capable of working successfully in multi-product ecosystems, at multiple levels with a wide variety of constituents and will have a strong technical background. This person will understand the most important privacy-related laws, regulations and standards that apply to the Company’s specific business models, and be accountable for training both business and legal partners on the application of those laws, regulations and standards. This leader will create and improve upon decision-making principles and processes, including escalations to senior executives as appropriate, to ensure consistent application of the Company’s data stewardship principles and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record as an experienced privacy leader, lawyer and business partner.
- Lead, maintain and evolve the Company’s global privacy program and drive strategy to ensure compliance with global privacy and cybersecurity requirements working closely with the CPO, CISO, CTO, CIO and Corporate Affairs
- Build strong partnerships across all of Intuit’s groups including legal, compliance, information security, HR, technology infrastructure, product management and development, sales and marketing, data science and internal audit
- Develop and maintain effective and appropriate policies, procedures and supporting documentation to stand ready to demonstrate compliance; and further develop integrated compliance strategies across the Company to optimize new data use and innovations for customer benefit
- Engage with data protection authorities and policymakers to maintain sustainable, scalable, global approaches to complex data privacy protection and needs
- Lead a team of talented privacy attorneys to evaluate proposed laws and regulations and provide comprehensive advice regarding their impact to Intuit businesses, products, services and technology infrastructure
- Advise product, central technology and data science and innovation teams regarding proposed or potential data use/product features, and clearly communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations and requirements
- Partner with CISO to ensure parallel evolution/improvement of security policies, controls and rapid incident response
- Review acquisition targets to determine the extent of privacy and data protection polices and practices and prioritize integration requirements
- Other responsibilities include handling: incident and breach management, digital marketing and online behavioral tracking/OBA, direct marketing, TCPA, cross border data flow/privacy shield, and cybersecurity requirements
- 15+ years of experience practicing privacy and data protection in-house, at a top law firm or in a regulatory capacity
- Significant knowledge of and experience analyzing and advising on global privacy laws and data protection regulations, including the EU GDPR, Privacy Shield, PIPEDA, FTC Act/Section 5, GLBA, FCRA
- Possess extensive knowledge and experience analyzing and applying federal, state, and global laws related to privacy and data protection, including regulations and requirements related to financial products and services, online services and e-commerce, mobile apps, information and cyber security, consumer notice and disclosure requirements
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and drive innovation at multiple levels
- Proven leadership and management experience at a large public company
- JD from a top law school and good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar
- Engineering, technology, or businesses background a plus and/or a technical undergrad degree
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
From our flagship products – Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax – to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance. Our products and services assist customers in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia, with offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, and Singapore.
Career Areas: Software Engineering, Product Management, Mobile, UX / User Design, Data, QA, IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Tax, and more.
Intuit solves unmet needs that customers would never have dreamed possible. Whether in the cloud (SaaS/PaaS), mobile, or data, we bring real-world solutions that change the way business is done around the world.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000