Director of Security, Infrastructure/Cloud
Trust, Transparency, Fairness
Live & Work Brilliant
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Environment
Our infrastructure is largely built on Microsoft Windows. We have a hybrid configuration with on premise servers and cloud based servers using Microsoft Azure with a large number of additional technologies and middleware. We support three warehouses, a call center, corporate headquarters, and the development environment in the cloud. Our team uses a mix of Windows, Apple, and some Linux for our systems management platforms and cutting edge network equipment. About 50% of the development platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows.
About the Job
Jet is building an elite information security team and is looking for a strong hands-on, accomplished, results-oriented security director. The Director of Security, Infrastructure/Cloud will be responsible for demonstrating Jet’s dedication to the security and privacy of our customer’s data by leading programs to ensure the infrastructure that powers Jet remains secure.
Jet makes heavy use of cloud services, primarily Microsoft Azure environment. This role will be responsible for securing Jet’s cloud environment as well the on-premises infrastructure, including local servers and endpoint devices. Additional responsibilities include implementing enhancements to Jet’s overall security posture all while continuing to create innovate solutions that provide meaningful savings to our customers.
You will be a key leader of the security team driving the protection of Jet’s Microsoft Azure environment. You would be passionate about cloud security and an expert in securing high availability cloud based systems.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you are implementing crucial information security defenses, then this is the job for you!
Specific Responsibilities May Include
- Serve as Cloud and On-premise Infrastructure Security subject matter expert.
- Develop solutions to protect Jet's Microsoft Azure environment, from network infrastructure to cryptography, from host security to anomaly detection.
- Implement an infrastructure security program using automated tools and manual techniques to identify and verify exposure to common security vulnerabilities and provide remediation guidance.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across various operational and engineering teams to help envision and implement company-wide security initiatives.
- Perform and/or oversee periodic security assessments in order to identify current and potential future security threats, mitigations and operational best practices.
- Be a key contributor in recommending, implementing, and maintaining systems to ensure that this new architecture and environment is built with industry leading security controls.
- Work together with DevOps to design and implement automated security solutions, enhancing our Continuous Service Delivery initiatives.
- Assist in the hiring and growth of top talent through coaching, training and career development.
- 10+ years of security engineering and infrastructure security experience.
- 10+ years of experience of performing vulnerability assessments.
- Experience with securing cloud delivery platforms (Azure/AWS).
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model.
- Experience securing applications with event-driven microservices, message bus and data pipeline/routing technologies in large scale environments (Kafka, Eventstore).
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-platform, distributed environments (servers, networks, applications, systems monitoring and management).
- Expert knowledge of secure infrastructure and application architectures, patch management, encryption and broader security technologies.
- Experience defining security policy and technology requirements in the security space.
- Effective communication, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
- Hands on experience and working knowledge of Azure services.
- Experience securing High-Availability environments that make use of microservices.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, continuous delivery, automated testing, release processes, etc.
- Bonus points for e-commerce experience.
At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live brilliantly. And we’re looking for amazing team members to help us get there.
ecommerce, retail, technology
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 1,001-5000