Senior Cybersecurity Research Engineer
Zenith Electronics is the research and development arm for LGE US. Founded in 1918, Zenith Electronics Corporation (www.zenith.com) is a long-time leader in digital television technologies and inventor of the U.S. digital HDTV transmission system adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Zenith’s Emmy-award-winning technologies include digital HDTV, flat-screen CRTs, stereo television and TV remote controls. Today Zenith works on next generation television transmission technology as well as a broad range of commercial products including Hospitality, Healthcare and Digital Signage.
Zenith with a rich history and large company backing still maintains an intimate, fast paced work environment with strong communication and a sense of teamwork. Employees have the ability to help shape the direction of projects and are rewarded for their achievements.
Successful candidate will lead the cyber security research effort for LG’s Zenith division working closely with other LG research labs in the US and around the world. In conjunction with the other labs and senior management the successful candidate will help shape the vision and road map for the Zenith lab by performing research, design and software development in various aspects of cyber-security for autonomous driving in automotive
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research solutions to challenging cyber security and computer networking problems in various automotive embedded ECU’s in conjunction with other LG labs as part of LG’s membership of Mobility Transformation Center at University of Michigan.
- Provide strategic guidance of Cyber-security development effort for automotive industry
- Interface with major OEMs to gather customer requirements and specifications
- Collaborate on security architecture of various automotive ECU components.
- Facilitate design and development of secure software and hardware for automotive industry
- Participate in MTC activities for new cyber-security standards development for both SW and HW
- Participate in the field testing of the cyber security countermeasures and report to the relevant parties
- Identify and evaluate security strengths and weaknesses
- Identify, create, and propose new research projects
- Participate in reviewing proposals for sponsored research Perform other duties as required
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field with emphasis on security and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. Exceptional or uniquely qualified candidates will be considered independent of formal experience
- Significant technical expertise in Automotive Cyber security including practices, modeling, design and testing methods, and technologies used in embedded systems
- In-depth Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic protocols
- Good working experience with key and certificate management
- Good knowledge of connected vehicles
- Extensive programming experience with C/C++ and/or Matlab. Other programming languages such as Java, Python is a plus
- Knowledge of communication protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, LTE is a plus
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
Consumer Electronics, Home Appliances, Air Conditioning, Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Solar, Display Technology, B2B Products
Company Type: Public Company