Associate Cyber Intelligence Analyst
Intelligence collected from openly available sources (OSINT) is a key factor within the robust security posture of any commercial organization of a certain size and governments. As information emerges and is shared continuously, this information can be exploited to detect physical or cyber threats in a real-time environment. Detecting and recognizing threats hiding within expansive data feeds, enhancing findings with contextual data, and delivering them to our clients in minutes is a challenging preposition and requires the seamless integration of cutting-edge technology and analytical skills. Analysts must be comfortable to process large amounts of candidate findings in an efficient manner; able to retain focus performing repetitive tasks; able to recognize patters and to describe data sets beyond the level of individual findings.
This position might be a good opportunity for postgraduate candidates, for full-time employed intelligence professionals seeking to expand their expertise into the cyber space, or for parents seeking re-entry into the workforce within the intelligence community. This part-time position may not be suitable for candidates seeking full-time employment in a short term.
The incumbent will work in a fully staffed, 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) located on LookingGlass premises in Reston, VA. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations, inclement weather, and holidays.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the ways in which cyber intelligence is utilized to address the concerns and need of Fortune 500 clients
- Stays abreast of industry trends involving activists/hacktivists, protests, geopolitical movement and adapts knowledge to specific client needs.
- Assist in the open source exploitation of information that will facilitate general intelligence needs of Fortune 500 companies
- Acquire a robust understanding of various client verticals while accumulating subject matter or industry-related experience and expertise
- Communicate valuable intelligence findings to various team members at LookingGlass headquarters in a timely manner
- Recognize vital and time-sensitive concerns and threats to corporate clients and address those findings in an expeditious manner
- Excellent writing and analytical skills to be utilized for analyzing suspect incidents and effectively communicate their existence to team members and management
- Attention to detail and the ability to stay engaged during repetitive, detail oriented tasks
- Basic understanding of the intelligence cycle and how it pertains to real-world application
- Familiarity with threats, fraud, information technology vulnerabilities and brand reputation as it pertains to multinational corporations
- A general understanding of current events worldwide as they relate to corporate interests
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently when required, but also the ability to actively communicate intelligence findings to assigned analysts and work in a ‘virtual team environment’
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ while recognizing concerns for various types of corporate clients in both the tactical and strategic sense
- Capability to monitor the appropriate channels needed to maintain consistent coverage of ever-changing corporate issues and concerns
- Understanding of general concepts of the Internet
- Foreign language skills highly desired
- College degree or relevant work experience required
- Past experience in intelligence, technology, cyber-security is preferred
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions Inc.
LookingGlass enables customers of all security sophistication levels to optimally prevent, detect and respond to prioritized, relevant threats with a wide range of dynamic, intelligence-based defenses to stay ahead of both cyber and physical threats.
LookingGlass empowers customers with rich actionable insights and advanced solutions to confidently enable effective security decisions and efficient security operations at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
Cyber Situational Awareness, Internet Intelligence, Network Visualization, Data Fusion, Cyber Intelligence, Network Situational Awareness, Network Analysis, Cyber Initiative, Critical Infrastructure, Network Topology, Cyber Security, Threat Intelligence
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200