We believe security should be about freedom, not restrictions.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com.
About the job:
You are an action-oriented, self-motivated individual with a passion for security and data. You are looking for an opportunity to increase your technical skills in security. You are ready to face a fast-paced role and are eager to come up to speed quickly on new challenges. You aspire to be a subject matter expert across a wide range of security technology areas.
You will act as the primary liaison between the Infrastructure Security team and the Incident Response Team by providing detailed analysis of alerts and data generated by our security monitoring tools.
- Streamline the process of moving tier 1 response to security alerts to the NOC/SOC by preparing clear run books for various security alerts from our security monitoring tools.
- Create new queries and analysis scripts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our security alerting infrastructure.
- Monitor and improve our security tools
- Participate in response to security alerts and incidents
- Drive our operational vulnerability management program by managing scan data and working directly with service owners to drive patching of identified vulnerabilities
- 1 + years of experience in a Network or Security Operations Center (NOC/SOC)
- Experience with cloud environment operations (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages (ruby/python preferred)
- Experience with Security/Operations Incident Response
- Knowledge of networking and cryptographic protocols
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- BS in Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred
- Hands on experience with one or more AWS security or operations controls (CloudHealth, Lambda, IAM, Cloudtrail, Scout2, SecurityMonkey) is preferred
- Experience in a security organization is preferred
- Experience with vulnerability management, intrusion detection and Ubuntu operating system is preferred
- Security certifications are a plus
Lookout’s cloud-based technology is fueled by a global sensor network of more than 60 million users and tens of thousands of apps that are added daily. With this dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world and the predictive machine intelligence to analyze and make sense of the data, Lookout can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen and stop cybercriminals from attacking mobile devices. With partners and customers worldwide, Lookout has offices in San Francisco, Boston, London and Tokyo.
mobile, security, cybersecurity, enterprise security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500