Security Intelligence Engineer
We believe security should be about freedom, not restrictions.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro, MobileIron, and Microsoft. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Security Engineer role
We are looking for Security Researchers to join our Research and Response team, a group of awesome people who work on malware and threats in the mobile space. As a member of this team you will have access to and contribute to an arsenal of detection tools and technologies used to hunt and destroy malware to protect our users.
- Identify trends and prevent current and future threats to user security and privacy, using telemetry data from our Mobile Threat Network (the largest mobile OS sensor network on the planet) and our App Genome database (a sophisticated machine-generated database of knowledge about nearly 40M mobile apps)
- Hunt down, classify, and neutralize new threats and vulnerabilities before they affect our users
- Contribute to the long term design of our data stores, architecture, and tooling
- Reverse Engineer applications to determine how they work and feed that knowledge to our machines in order to improve the way that they gather telemetry and decompose applications
Required qualifications & skills:
- Able to read through the C Family of languages such as Java/C.
- Tools you’ve likely have worked with include IDA Pro, JEB, Java, Python, Hive, Wireshark, ElasticSearch, Maltego.
- Experience in reverse engineering of software.
- Able to script and / or code in Python or Ruby or Java.
- Able to connect to a data store (Hive, MySQL, Elasticsearch), manipulate and interpret data, and push to some type of output
- A desire to help build a diverse team of researchers with different backgrounds
- Build and maintain positive relationships with security and developer communities
- Able to ask and form a scientific hypothesis about your own solutions:
- Who does this protect?
- How does this help?
- Why has someone not done this before?
- Able to ask and form a scientific hypothesis about an application:
- What is this?
- Why is it behaving the way that it is?
- What motivation might there be for the actors involved in constructing it?
- What relevance does it have to our customers and / or partners?
Lookout’s cloud-based technology is fueled by a global sensor network of more than 60 million users and tens of thousands of apps that are added daily. With this dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world and the predictive machine intelligence to analyze and make sense of the data, Lookout can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen and stop cybercriminals from attacking mobile devices. With partners and customers worldwide, Lookout has offices in San Francisco, Boston, London and Tokyo.
mobile, security, cybersecurity, enterprise security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500