Senior Security Engineer
We believe security should be about freedom, not restrictions.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com.
About the job:
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You are ready to face a wide range of security questions, many of which have been considered before. Production servers, networks, endpoint devices, and data are safe in your hands. You are a subject matter expert who wants to implement tactical solutions and contribute to innovative solutions to big picture issues.
You’ll be tasked with improving security across all aspects of Lookout. The infrastructure, mostly in Amazon Web Services, will run complex highly security sensitive services, and at significant scale. You will be challenged every day.
- Push the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure and networks.
- Provide subject matter expertise on network architecture and security controls
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate and cloud infrastructures
- Define and implement network access control policies, automation and technical controls
- Harden our infrastructure from attack
- Define and implement innovative monitoring and alerting systems to enable detection of intrusions
- Create services and tools to manage the security of our infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering of Electrical Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of practical experience with network security architecture design and implementation in large scale networks and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Dev Operations
- Hands on experience with AWS and AWS security controls (IAM, Lambda, Cloudtrail)
- Experience with writing and using network automation tools, and scripting languages (ruby/python preferred)
- Software development experience, and deep familiarity with Secure Development Lifecycles
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Expert knowledge of cryptographic protocols
- Security Certifications are a plus
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks and standards (FedRamp, PCI, etc.) is preferred
Lookout’s cloud-based technology is fueled by a global sensor network of more than 60 million users and tens of thousands of apps that are added daily. With this dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world and the predictive machine intelligence to analyze and make sense of the data, Lookout can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen and stop cybercriminals from attacking mobile devices. With partners and customers worldwide, Lookout has offices in San Francisco, Boston, London and Tokyo.
mobile, security, cybersecurity, enterprise security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500