Fraud Analyst II (Electronic Fraud/Cyber Fraud)
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group
SHIFT: Monday - Friday; Hours are 6:30am-6:30pm, so candidate needs to be flexible to work an 8 hour shift between those times.
Determine on fraud cases the action to be taken based on predefined procedures or escalating to management for review, which may include closing the accounts, resolving client questions from branch personnel or external customers. Evaluate cases for patterns and trends, determining failures in policies, procedures and internal controls, recommending changes for risk mitigation, where appropriate and preparing written reports to various levels or management concerning investigation and recoveries.
50% Responsible for reconciling, reviewing and processing identified risk transactions.
- Determine the degree of operational risk and/or fraudulent conduct when reviewing returned items.
- Researches accounts and assesses the risk level of identified transactions.
- When necessary, contact the office of account and make recommendations or decisions within bank guidelines for exposure of potential loss situations.
- Limit potential loss exposure by placing holds or card status to limit funds availability.
- Perform any other monitoring, analysis, and reporting of account activity as required.
- Block accounts or place holds on accounts to prevent exposure and notify clients and financial centers of blocks placed
40% Responsible for evaluating and carrying out efforts for prevention and recovery, account closure, reporting to Chex Systems and referring to the appropriate collection agency for recovery.
- Prepare and submit timely Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) to meet OCC guidelines, maintaining all research and analysis.
- Recommend and/or expedite appropriate actions to exit high risk clients.
- Consolidate evidence to conclude that an account must be closed or that the suspicious activity does not represent a risk to the bank without disrupting service to our clients.
- Prepare accounts for charge-off, and allocate loss according to policy
5% Respond to inquiries and act as the business liaison for branch/department personnel bank-wide, clients, and non-clients.
- Interpret case management system in order to assist management with questions and resolve cases.
- Work closely with internal partners in analyzing and understanding current fraud/loss trends.
- Evaluate cases to identify linkages.
5% Identify and escalate to management other compliance or operational weaknesses i.e. new account documentation, failure to follow Bank policy etc. Maintain Working Knowledge of related fraud applications and products.
- Typically requires 3 + years of direct experience in fraud detection.
- BA/BS preferred but not required.
- Require advanced training and understanding of prevention techniques i.e. hold decisions, new account screening, working with and reporting to Security and Investigations on check fraud-related issues, and internal tracking of check-related losses using the MUFG Union Bank related applications and products.
- Domestic operations experience, working knowledge of the Bank's operating policies, procedures and compliance regulations.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail and documentation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated pro-active initiative, ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel and Visio.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Primary Location: CALIFORNIA-San Diego
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2017, 8:37:37 PM
The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Group companies include, but are not limited to, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Through close partnerships among our group companies, the Group aims to “be the world's most trusted financial group,” flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges.
Commercial banking, Trust banking, Securities, Credit cards, Consumer finance, Asset management, and Leasing
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+