Date: May 18, 2017
Location: Findlay, OH, US
Company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Company Name: MARATHON PETROLEUM COMPANY
Location Name: MPC Findlay OH Main Bldg
Location Address: 539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: 10+ years
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Cybersecurity Architect provides leadership and oversight to the delivery of security architect services to MPC and its subsidiaries in both the Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) environments. This role works with leaders in Technology Infrastructure, Internal Audit, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Security, and other IT support areas. Additionally, this role will identify and lead initiatives to drive improved security operations and to improve the overall security posture and maturity of the organization. The technology disciplines include but are not limited to, innovation, security architecture, cloud security strategy, IT/OT security convergence, next generation security event monitoring, and penetration testing / security risk assessment services.
This role will be working side-by-side with the project managers and operational support teams, along with interfacing with governmental agencies for sharing of cybersecurity information and intelligence. This role will also be responsible for working with other groups to ensure that the implementation of security controls and technologies addresses the ever-changing and emerging cybersecurity threat landscape (IT and OT).
- Design and develop cybersecurity solutions for enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Serve as a key technical interface to internal customers and perform liaison functions between leadership and the technical teams.
- Take complex issues and explain them simply to internal customers and leadership while also providing tailored recommendations on courses of action.
- Evaluate complex enterprise cybersecurity infrastructure and ensure the disparate components are well integrated, secure, and operating efficiently.
- Ensure system cybersecurity needs are established and maintained for operations.
- Develop cybersecurity requirements, perform security risk assessments, and perform systems analysis and systems design.
- Support cybersecurity test and evaluation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning.
- Support disaster recover, and business continuity planning.
- Provide analytical support for cybersecurity policy development and analysis.
Integrate architectural analysis of cybersecurity features as it relates to existing systems as well as future needs and trends.
- Position may also apply advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction.
- Works closely with Project Managers to fully understand technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
The successful Cybersecurity Architect:
- Must have strong problem solving and organization skills
- Must be able to build and maintain excellent relationships with the customer
- A self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of customer’s management with minimum direct supervision
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills; this is a critical requirement for this position. Candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical approaches and findings.
- Bachelor’s degree desired and 10 years of broad IT experience in information security, information systems, or related field of study, along with:
- 6+ years Cybersecurity related experience
- 2+ years working as a Cybersecurity Architect supporting a large enterprise IT system
- Experience in supporting large projects requiring highly-skilled and diverse integrated project teams to include multiple simultaneous activities
- Experience with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and other standards frameworks CVSS, ISO, NIST, ITIL, etc
- Outstanding organizational and oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to provide detailed reporting
- CISSP and other security certifications i.e. CEH, ISSAP/ISSMP, CRISC, SANS
- Familiarity with building and designing enterprise security strategies and roadmaps
- Experience with cybersecurity technologies and advanced threat management solutions
- Experience with cloud, mobile, SIEM, and open source security technologies
- Experience integrating heterogeneous operational security technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Security Architecture
- Experience leading a Security Assessment / Red Team function
- Experience with product security vulnerability management, responsible disclosure, publishing CVEs, and experience working with security research community
- Master’s degree in technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Systems Security, Electrical Engineering, Physical Sciences)
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), together with its subsidiaries, including Marathon Petroleum Company LP and Speedway LLC, is one of the largest petroleum product refiners, marketers and transporters in the United States.
MPC is the nation’s third-largest refiner and the largest refiner in the Midwest. MPC’s refining, marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions of the U.S.
MPC operations are strategically located to serve major markets. They include a seven-plant refining network, a comprehensive terminal and transportation system, and extensive wholesale and retail marketing operations. This includes both the Marathon brand and MPC’s wholly owned retail marketing subsidiary, Speedway LLC, the nation’s second-largest chain of company-owned and -operated retail gasoline and convenience stores.
Job Function: MPC Information Technology
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Architecture, Electrical, Engineer, Information Systems, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
MPC is the nation’s fourth-largest refiner and the largest refiner in the Midwest. MPC’s refining, marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Gulf Coast and Southeast regions of the U.S.
MPC operations are strategically located to serve major markets. They include a seven-plant refining network, a comprehensive terminal and transportation system, and extensive wholesale and retail marketing operations. This includes both the Marathon brand and MPC’s wholly-owned retail marketing subsidiary, Speedway LLC, the nation’s fourth-largest chain of company-owned and -operated retail gasoline and convenience stores.
Company Size: 10,001+