Information Security Analyst III
EXPLORE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES WITH MARSH
This position is for a recognized subject matter expert in Information Technology, who manages large projects or processes. Responsible for researching, designing, and integrating Information Security solutions and controls across the global enterprise in a way that is transparent to end users, supports executive strategies, and fundamentally ensures the security of the information the company is entrusted to protect. This role is also responsible for conducting industry research on new and emerging Security technologies.
- Designs, documents, and deploys secure Infrastructure Solutions and participate in project teams to include designing connectivity and Software Solutions Aligning Security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
- Drives/implements key security strategies within the Marsh & McLennan operating companies designed to protect thousands of applications and servers world-wide from threats. Responsible to design and implement network security architecture controls in support of hundreds of internal and external Business IT projects and applications contributing to revenue growth globally.
- Reviews, assesses and signoffs on business projects with respect to risk/adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices for data protection of Company and client data. Leads project teams to include design, connectivity, and software solutions aligning security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
- Drives technical and strategic direction of the Information Security function across all of the company globally. Responsible for maintaining and updating Information Security Technology road maps through industry research, knowledge transfer, continued learning.
- Documents/maintains comprehensive Information Security roadmaps and strategies with respect to process mapping; technical diagrams and schematics; standard operating procedures; and technical infrastructure documentation which results in the protection of sensitive information across thousands of applications and thousands of servers world-wide.
- Partners with and provide Information Security expertise to the operating companies; to provide guidance and direction on secure application hosting for hundreds of internal and client facing application systems.
- Assesses applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure. Collaboratively documents security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
- Responsible for End-to-End enterprise-wide Tier III troubleshooting of network, desktop, server (hardware & software) and application performance & connectivity across the global wide area network as it relates to Information Security.
- Participates in or lead Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as necessary by providing Tier III support to mitigate active security incidents possible threatening the Global Company Computing environment.
- Recognized subject matter expert.
- Manages large projects or processes.
- Minimal oversight from manager.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Influences others within and outside of the job function regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- 4-year college degree required.
- Minimum 10+ years of Advanced Network Security Architecture experience with large scale implementations spanning multiple business lines distributed globally.
- Strong background in Desktop Operating Systems; distributed server platforms and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, Vulnerability & Risk Assessment tools; Encryption Technologies, virus/worm prevention, E-business and web application technologies; application communication and security controls; two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms, various UNIX platforms, TCP/IP, SNMP, CGI, HTML and miscellaneous security related toolsets are all required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must be able to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation.
- Must be a self-starter, work with limited supervision & be able to work well with others in a globally diverse IT environment.
- Strong familiarity with routing, switching, and bridging in both LAN & WAN environments.
- Strong familiarity with common web application technologies such as .NET, Java, TAM, SSL, load-balancing, etc.
- Must be familiar with common security controls on both Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Knowledge specifically on Cisco Security platforms, Sourcefire IDS, McAfee Security Suite, and BlueCoat a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of cryptography as it relates to application and network security is a must.
- Experience coding/scripting with common languages such as Java Script & Pearl preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft AD and integration in to secure application hosting environments.
- CISSP certification required. Other Information Security oriented certifications a plus.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Job Information Technology/Software Development
We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who span industries, enterprises of all sizes, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With 60,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion (as of Dec. 31, 2015), Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Insurance Broking, Risk Consulting, International Insurance Placement, Claims Management, Captives, Benchmarking
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+