Director of Security Operations Center (SOC)
Amazing works here and we want more of it.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who is defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder, as long as you design things that matter.
As a Director of Security Operations Center (SOC), a typical day might include the following:
- Develop and manage a global security operations strategy
- Continually assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the SOC by utilizing proven continuous improvement process, metrics and measurements
- Lead the security operational center, including intelligence, persistent threat, and security data analytics in a 24x7 environment, providing line management, leadership and strategic direction for these functions
- Provide security thought leadership across the security operational function
- Provide oversight to all security incidents, processes, and escalations to determine the root cause and extent of the incidents
- Develop and manage security operational center policies, procedures, recommendations, and standards to ensure compliance with applicable security laws, regulations, and privacy legislation as appropriate
- Drive the analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Provide feedback and thought leadership to the McAfee support, professional services, and engineering teams around the operational security technologies
- Develop and implement methodologies and processes to ensure proper logging and correlation, management of security incident management, and manual and automatic remediation
- You must possess a BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security, Information Management or related field and 10+ years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques
- Knowledge of malware families, botnets, threats by sector, and various attack campaigns and attacker methods, tools/techniques/practices
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Third Party Risks/Threats, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service Attacks, Malware, Mobile or Emerging Threats, Social Engineering, and/or Insider Threats
- Scripting (Perl, Python) or Object Oriented (C, C++, Java, .Net) Programming
- Project management and small team leadership skills
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and validating open source intelligence
- Led a Security Operations Center for at least 2 years
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out. Do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000