Information Assurance Engineer
Push The Boundaries
Don't fear the unknown.
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Senior Information Assurance Engineer that is passionate about ensuring cybersecurity support. If you want to join a company that values supporting DOD critical projects and are open to commuting to Washington, DC, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Our Defense division is responsible for supporting our customer, the United States Navy. We play a key role in maintaining and supporting a constant state of readiness, security and performance of mission critical communication systems for the Navy. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You’re a great fit if…
- You are passionate about ensuring the security posture of network systems and components meet DOD and Navy accreditation STIG/Hardening standards.
- You enjoy leading a team of 10+ specialists ranging from junior to senior level.
- Responsible for the security plan, testing, and monitoring to ensure that they meet the Navy requirements.
- You are well versed with Information Assurance Vulnerabilities Assessments (IAVA) and Bulletins (IAVB)
You’ll love our Senior Information Assurance Engineer role if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 10+ years of experience with DOD Cyber Security
- You have lead a team of 10+ Information Assurance policy and process engineers.
- You have worked DIACAP and RMF accreditation processes
- You have experience with DOD and/or Navy information assurance C&A processes
- You are DoD IAT Level III Certified
- You have a current CISSP certification
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in information security or related field and an active Top Secret clearance
We’ll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You are a fully qualified Navy validator
- You have an ISC(2) Certified Authorized Professional (CAP)
- You have experience with Retina/SCAS, eMASS, and other SCAP compliance scanning tools
- Familiarity and experience securing and accrediting NNPI (Navy Nuclear Propulsion Information) systems
- You have a ISC(2) Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certification
What your day will look like:
- You’ll work with your IA team to create security plans, testing, and monitoring to ensure that they meet the Navy requirements.
- You implement and monitor authorized users to the network, systems, workstations, VTCs, and servers as required to follow DISA, DOD, DON and NAVSEA cybersecurity policies and procedures.
The Admin Stuff:
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance is required to apply. Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Our motto: Innovation doesn't take a break and neither do we.
We are ripe and fearless developers, designers, architects, and human factors engineers that work together to develop innovative solutions for our clients.
Collaboration, Digital, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Mobile, Web, Management
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500